Chapter 06: Shattered Hearts!

Arnav and mannat were driving back home, mannat saw a cake shop on the road -"Arnav gaadi rokiye na"

Arnav stopped the car -"kya hua mannat?"

Mannat smiled -"Ayu ke liye cupcakes lene hai"

Arnav rolled his eyes -"Seriously?"

Mannat blinked her eyes at him -"Seriously Arnav, roz itna daant'te ho mere bache ko, khush hojayega woh

Aranv shook his head -"sar pe charha ke rakha hua hai tumne usse, tumhare issi pyaar ka faida uthata hai woh"

Mannat smiled -"Sar pe kyun na charhaun usse, mera apna bacha hai woh uski khushi ke liye toh har cheez qurbaan karne ko taiyar hun main" Arnav smiled at her words and got down the car to buy the cucpakes.

After a while Arnav came back and sat on the driver seat and drove to home.

Anish was pacing in his room, he felt guilty for overreacting, Ayaan wasn't at fault, he shouldn't have shouted at him! He was fighting with his heart and mind, should he go check on him or let the matter go?

Arnav and mannat reached home, mannat was smiling at arnav's words, as they entered inside the scene infront of them shook them to the core, the cupcakes fell from Mannat's hands.

Mannat screamed -"Ayuuu" Ayaan was lying in a pool of blood, they rushed to him. Arnav took him into his arms. Anish who was sitting in his room got startled hearing the voice, he rushed down to check.

Arnav shocked -"Ayuu..yeh..." the words refused to come out of his mouth, he wa scared watching his child so lifeless in his arms, he was fine a few moments back what happned?

Mannat touched him, his body was too cold, she gathered courage and checked for his breathing with shivering hands.

Her heartbeat stopped, her child was not breathing, she checked his pulse, it was faint.

Mannat knew it was not the time to fall week, she gently seprated arnav, she knew how to give CPR. She started doing the chest compressions -"Please Ayu please, don't give up please come back to us" her voice was breaking but she stood strong.