Chapter 07: Anish's guilt

Arnav tried waking him up but all in vain! Mannat was beyond scared, the doctor rushed in with the nurse.

Doctor -"Aap log please bahar jaiye we need to check him"

Mannat scared -"Ayu theek toh hai na woh abhi uth raha tha phirse behosh hogaya kya hua mere bache ko?"

Doctor sighed -"Dekhiye i understand you emotions par aap yahan rahenge toh hum uska treatment nahi karpaynege please aap log bahar jaiye" Arnav nodded his head and guided a scared mannat away.

They came out of the icu, anish was waiting for them as soon as he saw them he rushed to them -"kaisa hai ab woh?"

Arnav shook his head, no matter what he did he could not ignore him like this, he was his brother and he needed to be assured not ignored! He agreed that anish was at fault but he could see that he was guilty, he was blaming himself for ayaan's condition and he can not let his brother slide to that phase again, no matter what!

Anish's eyes filled up, he wanted to see him badly but he knew his bhabhi would not appreciate it, the urge to take those pills overwhelmed him! He could feel the slight shiver in his hands, he rushed out of there before his brother could notice it.

Anish came to a deserted place and took out the pills, he always kept the meds with him! He gulped two pills at a time. Slowly he started calming down, he rarely took these pills but the hospital was triggering those memories!

After a while the doctor came out -"Mr Raizada aap aaiye mere saath kuch baat karni hai aapse" his tone scared arnav but both mannat and arnav followed him to his cabin.

Doctor -"Have a seat please" Mannat and Arnav sat down.

Arnav worried -"kya hua doctor ayu theek toh hai na?"

Doctor -"For now he's fine but future ki guarantee main nahi de sakta"

Mannat scared -"kya matlab hai aapka?"

The doctor took a deep breath -"Aapke bhai ko severe persistent asthama hai, any kind of mental stress can trigger these symptoms! Woh toh acha hua aap wahan waqt pe pahuch gaye aur aapki wife ne CPR di, agar aap thodi si bhi deri aur karte toh you would have lost him" Arnav and mannat gasped, that very thought made them shiver!