Chapter 09: Suffering In silence

Anish was scared beyond words, he tried waking him up but ayaan was not responding. He laid him down gently and rubbed his hands.

Anish tensed -"Ayuu..please open your eyes..ayu i'm sorry tu nahi chahta na main tere pass aaun toh main nahi aaunga par please aise mat dara..aankhein khol na please" Ayaan just laid there unresponsive.

Anish's eyes filled up, he rushed down to call his brother as soon as arnav and mannat got the news they hurried upstairs.

Arnav sat beside ayaan caressing his hair -"kya hogaya isse?"

Anish looked down guilty and told them everything.

Mannat upset -"Ani doctor ne ayu ko stress dene se mana kiya tha"

Anish -"I'm sorry bhabhi" Mannat sat beside ayu and tried waking him up, the boy was just not responding.

Mannat scared -"yeh aankhein kyun nahi khol raha arnav, please kuch kijiye"

Arnav tried to assure her -"Rohan ko call kiya hai, woh bas aata hi hoga" After a few minutes, rohan came running in the room.

Rohan worried -"kiddo" he went near him, arnav moved away and gave him his place, they waited tensed as rohan checked him over.

After a few minutes rohan looked at them seriously -"I made it very clear that usko kisi bhi tarah ka stress nahi dena hai, Ani couldn't you wait for a few days? his blood pressure is very high i have put him on drips"

Mannat's eyes filled up, she sat beside ayaan and pressed a kiss on his forehead, she can not see her child that way.

Anish looked at ayaan, he was filled with guilt, he shouldn't have forced him to talk, he silently moved away from there, if ayaan doesn't want him he will not come near him.

Coming into his room Anish closed the door and collapsed on the floor, he burried his face in his hands and cried his heart out, why are things so messed up in his life?

He wiped his tears and opened his cupboard and took out the photo of his mother, it took so much of courage to look at her smiling face, why did she leave them so soon to survive on their own?

Anish's eyes filled up -"aap humein chod ke kyun chali gayi mumma, sab kharab hogaya hai aapke binaa, bhaiya ab kuch maaf nahi karenge mumma maine unke ayu ko itni takleef pahuchai, sab mujhse door hojate hain i'm all alone here, aap kyun chali gayi please wapas aajao i can't live like this" He hugged her photo to his chest and sobbed.

Arnav and mannat were waiting impatiently for ayaan to open his eyes, why wasn't he waking up? Arnav was about to call the doctor when ayaan's fingers moved a little.

Mannat held his hand -"Ayu bacha"

Ayaan slowly opened his eyes, everything was blurr for him, he blinked his eyes twice and looked at their worried faces.