Beach Surprise (part 1)

Pov: The fam finally got a day off...or so they thought!

Yaz's Pov:

"You told us we had a day off!!" I shouted at the Doc. I've been running from Daleks for days and just wanted a day off. But with the Doc, it's almost impossible.

"Hello??? Doctor?!" I say trying to get her attention but she just keeps working on the control panel, while the TARDIS makes noise. I give up, slightly annoyed and walk over to the sofa.

"Doc, come on! Tell us what's up!" Graham asks the Doctor. "You promised us a day off and now you're ke-" Graham was cut off by the TARDIS landing.

"We're here!" The Doctor says. The fam looks at her questionably. "Doctor?" Ryan says curiously, "what are you planning?" She now had a cheeky smile on her face.

"Go look fam," the Doc says unlocking the door. "I think you'll be satisfied." We go to the door and open it and unexpectedly, we see a beach. The surprised looks on everyone's faces made her smile. "Down the hall and to the left, there's a room with swim suits." she whispers. Graham runs off laughing and so does Ryan, but I stay still staring at the water.

"I've been promising you a beach." She whispers to me. "I've been planning this for weeks. Your birthday's this weekend so... figured why not plan something special before I drop you back on earth."

I'm still staring at the water when she puts her hand on my shoulder, I turn to see a worried look on her face. "Are you okay? I can drop the guys off here and take yo-" I cut her off giving her a hug. "This is perfect." I say. "Thank you."

She pulls away smiling at me. "Anything for my Yaz." I hear her whisper. As I was about to say something, the boys came out in swimsuits. "Yaz, go get a suit! You too Doc!" Graham said as Ryan runs out of the TARDIS into the water. We all laugh as he dives in.

I go get my swim suit on and come back to still see the Doc in her clothes. "You're not going swimming?" I ask. "Nah, I don't swim. I mean I can, I just prefer to watch you lot have fun. You all deserve it... especially you." She then walks off to put the TARDIS on shut down mode and locks it up. "Now nothing will ruin this day." She says grabbing my hand.

I look at her gratefully before running into the water. I've been trying to figure out my feelings about the Doctor for a while now, but this trip definitely confirms how I felt about her. I see her sit on a chair smiling and it made my heart skip beats everytime I hear her laughing. She even manages to put her feet in the water, but runs anytime one of the guys splash her. I definitely had a crush...