Beach Surprise (part 2)

Doctor's Pov:

I see the fam laughing and smiling as they play in the ocean. I owed them a trip with no monsters aliens, Daleks ect.. But most of all, I owed it to Yaz. I don't know what's been going on but anytime I see or hear Yaz, my hearts skip beats and go a thousand miles per hour! Which isn't good for a Time Lord with two hearts. I've only felt this way once before...

Whew! I'm too old for this." Graham says snapping me out of the memory. "Oi you, you're talking to a 950 year old Time Lord!" We both start laughing. "Having fun over here by yourself?" he asks. "Ah, I needed a day of sitting. No running, no beeping of the TARDIS, just the lovely view of humanity." he hums agreeing. "Yeah, us humans ain't so bad." he says before going to get a drink.

____________________________________________

It's starting to get dark and I throw the fam towels as they come out of the water.

"You lot ready? Trip ain't over yet!" They look concerned. "I booked us rooms at the hotel down at the end." I say, pointing to the hotel on the other side. "Your bags are in the TARDIS!" They look at me smiling. Ryan and Graham race to the TARDIS and Yaz and I walk back together. "I was expecting a beach day, not us to stay here!" Yaz says happily. "Well Yaz, what can I say?" I say with a genuine smile. "You deserve the best!" "And you give it to me" Yaz says before kissing my cheek. I froze as she ran off, my hearts speeding up and brain going wild.

Yaz and The Doctor's thoughts: SHE-I- JUST KISSED ME-HER-!!...

We get checked into our rooms and get into our PJs. I put on shorts and a big t-shirt I found in my bag. Yaz comes out in shorts and a tank top and looks at me smiling. "What?" "That's my shirt." Yaz says giggling and I panic a little inside. "oh- sorry! Sexy packed the bags." I go to take it off but she stops me. "I don't mind! You look cute in it." I got butterflies in my stomach when she said that.

"I had a blast today Doc!" Yaz says before hugging me. "Thank you." "Anything for my girl" I say out loud.

They both think: "My girl?? Where'd that come from???"

Yaz pulls away smiling and gets under the covers. "Goodnight Doctor." She says bundled under the covers. I think for a second. "Scoot over." I say getting out of my bed and climbing into hers "Goodnight Yaz." I say wrapping my arm around her. She turns out the lights and we go to sleep...except I lay there thinking about what I said and how I'm laying right now, holding her. Some courage I had.