Chapter 9: The Pretenders

"I never knew that my brother would be immersed to something like these" Suzune said as she stared at Horikita-senpai who was already in a basketball machine and he was doing very well that a crowd soon to form around him.

The two upperclassmen seems like they already forgot that they still have some companions, as they went to another arcade and began to compete with each other again.

"Why is he so obsessed for us to be in a relationship anyways?

This was the thing i was confused from the start, why is Horikita Manabu so adamant for both Suzune and I to be in a relationship?

I never saw nor remember that i met them before, since it was almost impossible to see other due to my circumstances.

The first time i met the both of them was at this school, i didn't have any connections from outside aside from that man and Matsuo i guess.

"Even i don't know, Nii-san wasn't like this before, even i am confused about his attitude towards you"

Even his own sister claimed that he wasn't like this. Then what makes Horikita Manabu change?,

According to Suzune, she has lots of suitors in the past however most of them ended up rejected and if her brother was different back then, then
what did he saw in me that he didn't saw in the others that made him change?

Is it because I was the only that Suzune agreed to be her boyfriend or another factor?

The latter was more likely.

"It's noisy here should we just leave the both of them?"

Suzune seems like she was uncomfortable with the place which i completely agree to her, there were too much noise from the machine and shouting from the others, I would've preferred to go in a library.

This might even be the only time I could see the Suzune Horikita inside an arcade, the likes of Ike and Yamauchi or Sudo would likely enjoy this place.

Still i find her response quite a bit odd.

"You don't want to watch your brother?" i asked her a bit surprised.

I thought this bro-con of a sister would want to watch her big brother while playing.

Was it a misundersatanding in my part then?,

I thought the likes of Suzune who seems to admire her brother acts like how some people when they see the one that they are attracted with or in simple terms crush.

"The two of them looks like they were already occupied in their own game"

Indeed it was true, even though they weren't that excited when i show them to this place, the two were actually competing with each other as if their life was on the line.

I thought of making Horikita-senpai jealous but it seems like I wouldn't be able to do that with this situation, since it looks like Tachibana-senpai would snap if she got disturbed, she was also playing basketball however it seems like she wasn't quite good at it.

"Should we just leave the two of them then?"

"Aren't you the one who planned this, why are you asking me?"

With the situation going on, the date plan seems like it was already gone, TheGuRuLoverYamaU your comment didn't help me at all.

Even though I wasn't used to this place, I was still curious about the arcade.

" Why don't we play something, instead of standing there?"

I told Suzune as i pointed at the machine where a ball drops from above and shoot it to a wheel spinning that was full of holes of different color and number, which indicates the number of tickets you will receive once the ball drops.