•|18|• ₱Á$T R€V€ÁLÀTÍÒÑ

I pulled myself away from his embrace and sat straight against the headboard

I pulled myself away from his embrace and sat straight against the headboard. My hand was still in his grasp as he was rubbing his thump lightly on my hand. This was encouraging me alot. I closed my eyes to take a deep breath when i heard his deep yet soft voice. "You don't have to tell me anything, if you don't want to"

I opened my eyes to see his peaceful yet worried eyes staring right back at me. "Let me out everything for all and for once" I said but he still seemed unsure. I started.

"I was a quiet type from my childhood but never like this who i am today. I too liked to smile, I too liked to throw tantrums as any other children of my age would do. My life was going very good with my loving and happy parents who liked to pampered me alot as i was their only child. But one fateful night took away my parents from me, took everything from me" I stopped my tears which were threatening to roll out and felt Zayyan squeezing my hand softly.

"We were going home after attending Dad's business party when the accident happened. I was in my mother's lap, so in order to safe me she died on the spot and i blacked out. I woke up after 2 weeks and the news i got left me completely shattered. I started to see the fake facade of my so called uncles and aunts whom i called my family"

"But maybe Dad knew everything beforehand because he secretly changed his will an year before his death. In his will, it was clearly written that i will be the lone heiress to his empire but i will officially get everything at the age of 22 and if by any chance i die in this time period than each and everything will go to the charity or to the person my Dad has appointed, not a penny will be hand over to his siblings" Zayyan pulled me in his embrace softly and cleaned my teary face and i realized i was crying.

"I don't want to know anything kitten. Please stop crying. I don't like it" I softly shook my head negatively because it's now or never. I started again.

"From then on started my miserable unfortunate life because they couldn't kill me because of the heritage they wanted. They started to torture me with beating me to the extent that i started to pray for my death. They make me starve to death, sometimes for some days but 1 week was a must. My one cousin was very nice to me, he occasionally sneaked to give me food and apologized for his parents behaviour. But the immense hatred for his parents didn't let me spoke to him for once but i was thankful that there was someone in this house who actually cared for me" I don't remember his name clearly but if by any chance we will meet than i must thank him. If not for him i would still be in their harmful clutches.

"Their hateful words still resound in my ears. I was 7 when my parents died and i was locked in one room for almost a year till Baba Jani came to my rescue. I didn't knew Baba Jani was trying to get me out right after the death of my parents but they had hidden me so well that it took 8 months for Baba to find me" I am thankful Zayyan kept quiet or else i couldn't let all this out.

"Baba found me by the help of my that cousin. Baba promised Dad to take care of me and help me take over the company but the problem was those fake people were my legal guardian, Baba just couldn't take me with him. So, Baba planned my fake death and automatically they thought half of the heritage was gone to the charity and half to the man appointed by Dad. But those fake people still tried to take everything but Baba was smart enough to keep everything under his control"

"When Baba found me, I was so malnourished that i couldn't even walk properly. For straight 4 months Mama Jaan and Baba Jani took care of me in America before taking me with them here in Pakistan. I was so traumatized that my treatment gone on for 10 long years. My nightmares were so difficult to handle, I just couldn't sleep thinking all that. I clearly remember how i used to beg infront of them asking to see my parents for one last time, atleast let me see there things but as always what i got at the end was beatings, no food, nothing at all" As i was saying this each and everything was playing infront of my eyes. I finally drained my heart out. Zayyan hugged me as he pulled me in his lap. I was a bit shocked but let him because somehow i needed it for myself. I put my head on his chest slowly.

"Thank word wasn't enough for Baba Jani and Mama jaan for being there with me. Just for his promise Baba got to this extent to even plan my own death and saving me from that hell hole. Only i know how i survived there" I slowly wrapped my arms around his waist. The peace i felt, i can't even express in mere words.

"And i made you scared of me with my glare and attitude. Didn't i"? I heard his regretful voice. I slowly nodded my head before saying.

"I was healing my scars at that time. I was scared of you but don't know why more than fearing you, i was always nervous around you. For me you were always a dangerous man but in some corner of my heart i don't find you fearsome because you were the son of my life saviour. As i trusted Baba Jani and Mama jaan, i unknowingly started to trust you" I answered him truthfully.

"I don't know what to say other than Sorry but I am really sorry kitten" I hummed in response as i felt sincerity in his voice. I didn't asked him the reason nor he elaborated but i was happy that atleast he realized.

"I will destroy each and every single individual who hurted 'My Kitten'. It's a promise" I felt contented at his words because i know he will. He never breaks his promises.

 He never breaks his promises