Chapter 2

When Cale opened his eyes,it was past noon and he was greeted with the concerned faces of the three children.
"Cale nya! You are awake!"
"Human it's good that you are awake now!" And with that Cale could easily hear the unsaid "or else I would have-" He really couldn't stop himself from sighing at the child's viciousness.
"Yes. Were you waiting for me to wake up? Do you need something?" Usually when Cale would wake up really late the children would be either playing outside or doing something fun with the adults. So to see them there with him on the bed when he slept in even more than usual was a little bit unusual.

"We were looking after you human!"
"Looking after me?..."

'I'm okay though? Why is he saying that suddenly?'

But he did have a headache.
Cale's head was throbbing in intense pain,it hurt so much that he was feeling a little lightheaded and his sensitive eyes teared up from the light coming into the room through the window. Even the children's voices felt like too much to handle. He was so distracted by the pain that he didn't notice the children looking at him in worry and even Ron who entered the room. (Yeah you're so okay Cale -_-)

"Are you feeling better now?"

And On being the sweet sensible child she was, finally asked the most important question. She was quieter than usual as if she realised that he couldn't handle the noise. Feeling fond, Cale smiled softly before answering.

"I'm fine. Why did you ask?"

"Fine?..."

The children and the butler couldn't help but stare at Cale in disbelief who was even paler than usual and looking really weak.

"Young master you don't need to lie to us"

Ron was looking at his sickly young master who flinched at what he said as if caught red handed in his lie and quickly hid away his momentarily startled expression.

'He is pretending again'

But unlike what Ron thought, Cale didn't flinch because he was caught in his lie but because...

'I didn't realise he was here too! when did he even come inside?? And what's with his cold murderous expression??'

"What do you mean Ron? I'm not lying about anything, I'm perfectly fine"

Unable to handle the assassin's cold gaze he quickly looked away but to others who were present in the room it looked more like he was lying and trying to avoid looking at them in the eyes than him being scared.

The children once again gasped in disbelief and quickly came even closer to him.

"What do you mean you are perfectly fine human?! How can you say that when you were having trouble even breathing earlier?!"

"Youngest is right nya! You were really sick all night! We had to take care of you so you don't get worse nya!"

Even On looked at him with a disappointed expression.

'Trouble breathing?...I was sick?... But I feel fine now?'

"Young master you should rest, Eruhaben-nim will come soon to check on you. But before please do drink this lemon tea, it's good when you have a fever"

Not wanting to upset the now benignly smiling butler, Cale quickly prepared himself to face his archenemy lemon tea and quickly drank it to be just done with it as soon as possible. But instead of what he expected, the tea was slightly sweetened.

'Honey?...Did he really not sleep all night taking care of me?'

Cale quickly glanced at Ron's face before quickly looking away again.