Chapter 4

Tasha was looking at the young emperor muttering words under his breath while correcting his paperwork that seemed like the ninth time the past hour. Other than only a few dark elves guarding them in the shadows,they were alone so she decided to finally ask him what had been bothering him so much.

"What's wrong? Did something happen? Is it related to why you told the medical team to be prepared ?"

"Oh...I forgot to tell you aunt Tasha..."

Alberu had been so distracted worrying about his sworn brother's condition that he didn't even realise that he had forgotten to tell his aunt about it.

Tasha looked at her nephew who looked fed up as if he wanted nothing more than to just run out of the palace as soon as possible. A complete opposite of the satisfied and vicious expression he had the previous night.

"Forgot to tell me?..."

She was still staring at the quarter dark elf. For some reason his tone and expression made her stomach turn in anxiety. It was unlike her nephew to hesitate before her, whatever he was going to say,it wouldn't be anything good she could already tell.

"Cale...is really ill...I had gone to visit because Eruhaben-nim told me he was sick when I had called last night and it's... a lot worse than I had initially thought. I was there and Cale...he suddenly...he just...he couldn't even breathe properly aunt"

"Oh god..."

She knew the redhead wasn't doing well after the war ended. Every time she saw him he seemed to get thinner and thinner, looking more and more sickly each time. It worried everyone who saw him. Now hearing that the young noble was seriously ill made her heart ache in worry.

"Alberu why is he like that?..."

"We don't even know yet, even Eruhaben-nim wasn't sure, he suspects it might be because of one of the abilities he has. He is worried he might-"

She wanted to ask why he suddenly stopped before she realised that Alberu's communication device was glowing,the one he usually used to talk with Cale. She was suddenly filled with dread and she could tell that her nephew was no better.
In his haste to connect it,the communication device almost fell from his hands.

- "Your majesty we need urgent help"

It was Ron who spoke,he didn't bother wasting time on meaningless formalities. The situation was too dire for them to be wasting any more time. He looked as if he had grown even older in just a day.
Rosalyn and Choi Han both were on either side of the butler with identical serious expressions. But the baby dragon wasn't with them although he was the one who connected the call, he had left along with the cat siblings the moment the communication device was connected.

Quickly understanding the situation Alberu turned to look at his aunt who wasted no time before hurrying to inform the medical team. Only after that he turned to ask about the situation.

"How is his condition?"

- "Young master woke up a while ago but he doesn't seem to be any better. He also vomited out all the things he had eaten earlier. We are afraid his condition might get wor-

Ron was once again interrupted that day, this time it was for a very good reason.

Only then Alberu did notice the new person who appeared ,it was saint Jack who looked out of breath as if he was running to get there as soon as possible and he indeed was.
Just when Alberu was about to ask him what was wrong,the young emperor had to hear something he never wanted to hear-

- "Your majesty! Ple-please hurry or else we will lose young master Cale! There was a lot of blood! He vomited a lot of blood!"

By the end the saint's voice broke,it sounded like he was trying very hard to hold himself back from breaking down in sobs. Even then his eyes were filled with tears that were slowly giving into the pull of gravity.
The other people who had heard his words were not in any better state.