chapter 5

About 4 hours had gone by since the imperial physicians came to the villa to help with Cale's condition. But his health did not get any better, instead it seemed to be steadily getting worse.

No matter how long it had been since they had wrapped him up in the cooling blanket or put cold wet clothes on his neck and armpits and other places on his body,his temperature remained the same.
Not even soaking him in cold water lowered his temperature one bit.

What made his condition even more worrying was the constant bleeding, bloody coughs kept shaking his weak sickly body from time to time,each time making the people watching feel as if he was going to slip away from their reach and leave everything behind.
They did not dare to put him completely on his back, afraid the blood would go into his lungs because of the nosebleed and coughs. It would have made everything worse.
And even though that did not happen it was easy to tell that the doctors were slowly starting to lose hope of saving the former commander. But even then they did not stop trying and instead tried even harder to make the redhead better.
Even the golden dragon who had lived for more than a thousand years could not stop the feelings of helplessness enclosing his heart in a painful grip.
He was desperate to save the person whom he thought of as his own child. He had never wanted something like that to happen to Cale who was still too young,still a baby when compared to an ancient dragon of his age.

'How did he become like this in just a day? It can't go on like this, I have to do something '

While all of them were desperately trying to make his physical condition better, Cale was mantally reliving hell, watching the people who were dear to his heart die again and again.

‘But what else can we do?’

He didn't want to see it again, didn't want to hear those words again. He wanted everything to stop,he never wanted to experience those moments ever again but he had been experiencing all those painful memories for what felt like an eternity already.

'No... stop...'

‘Kim Rok Soo, it’s not your fault.’

'Shut up...'

‘I leave it to you.’

'No...Stop it!'

He just wanted to rest. He really wanted it to stop tormenting him.

Due to all the pain he was mentally experiencing, Cale's breathing was starting to pick up even more. Sounding as if he was unable to successfully get any air into his lungs

All of the people monitoring him were immediately alert, the magic stone had turned red.
When it started to sound like he was choking, They made Cale completely dependent on magic devices to keep him breathing.
(Imagine however you want but I don't think it would be anything too invasive so it wouldn't hurt him)

The trembling of his body continued to worsen, worrying he would go into a seizure they had given him a medicine to keep his body from convulsing . It was a medicine made from a special flower that bloomed every 100 years on areas abundant in the pure energy of nature. It helped in completely relaxing a person's body. They could only hope that at last it would help.
But at the end they could do nothing else but silently watch the pitiful redhead , as only the sound of harsh forceful breathing filled the room.

-----------------

The Henituse duchy was a mess after they got the news of their young master being seriously ill.

Every servant and vassal was hesitating to let the ducal family know, already knowing that the duke would be heartbroken hearing about his precious eldest son's quickly declining health . So the responsibility of informing the duke about it finally fell into the hands of the unfortunate deputy butler Hans.