Chapter 6

An hour had passed since the Henituse family came to see him but Cale did not get any better. He looked really fragile and after being covered in his own blood once again,it made him look like he was going to break in a blink. His breaths were still light and weak,the magic stone continued to glow red.

The doctors watching over him were in a frenzy. And the Henituse family and Ron could only watch, unable to do anything to help.
Even though they were told to leave by the head physician, all of them were reluctant. Basen and the duchess could understand so although filled with hesitation they still turned to take the other members of their family and get out of there.
Violan managed to coax Lily who was too scared for her elder brother after seeing his fragile state. But the duke...

" Father let's go wait outside, they will take care of hyung-ni-"

"No! I'm not leaving my child alone! He's suffering so much I can't leave him behind like this!No one can make me!"

After a while both Choi Han and Ron had to come and try to take the duke outside.

Cale who was waking up slightly but still not really conscious because his mind was too hazy, saw the blurry figures of the people near his bed. One person took him by surprise,it was someone he desparately wanted to see again.

'Choi Jung Soo...'

But unfortunately for Cale it wasn't who he thought it was,it was Choi Han whom he couldn't recognise in his delirious state.

Choi Han and Ron had managed to make the duke move a few steps away from the bed but it put Cale in a distress,he thought Choi JungSoo was leaving him behind again.

"... don't...go...haah hah"

'Don't go Choi JungSoo' it was actually what Cale wanted to say but he didn't have enough energy to do so.

The room had suddenly become completely quiet,no one even dared to breathe too loudly. They all turned to look at Cale who had his eyes almost closed again,he was trembling all over. Although he had spoken his voice sounded extremely weak as if it was taking too much of his energy to speak.

Deruth thinking that his child was calling out to him quickly came closer again and sat on the chair beside the bed.

He raised his shaking hand to caress Cale's forehead, wanting to comfort him. His eyes were filled with tears once again. He had a look of complete despair as if he wanted nothing more other than to just scream and weep. No parent should have to see their child near death's door or fear having to hold their cold body.

"I'm here don't worry... I will never leave you"

This time no one tried to make him go away,they all felt that the father son duo deserved time together more than anyone.

Choi Han couldn't handle watching Cale like that, his heart was aching in his chest so he swiftly left the room. But Cale still thought he was Choi JungSoo who left.

"Don't...go..."

"Yes Cale I'm here, I'm not going anywhere"

But Cale still didn't reply,he was still staring at the space behind his father.
And because he was ill,he couldn't stop the tears falling from his eyes in response to his distress

"Don't... leave..."

This time everyone who heard it was in a slight distress as well. Thinking he was hallucinating and seeing someone who wasn't really there,which wasn't really that wrong. While his father was distressed thinking he was seeing his mother, like how people in their last moments see the people they wanted to see the most.