Hiya Death

(Exter POV)

I had just made it to the garden a few minutes ago and was currently looking at the soul butterflies when I felt the urge to look to my right, turning to my right I see a butterfly flying towards me except this butterfly was different. For starters it seemed a little bigger than the other butterflies in the garden, they had wings that looked like mine instead of normal butterfly wings, the butterfly was also glowing brightly with a reddish-white hue surrounding them, the butterfly also seemed to have my scar and tear marks on it's wings, last but not least whenever the butterfly flapped it's wings small glitches appeared out of thin air before disappearing.

What attracted my attention the most after that though was the fact that there was another butterfly following behind mine. The other butterfly's wings were like my butterfly except their wings were black and were slightly bigger than my butterfly. The black winged butterfly also glowed expect their color was more of a dark grey color than my butterfly's reddish-white glow. There was also what seemed to be a scythe symbol on one of the butterfly's wings and they also had an aura of death following them.

(Here's a quick little drawing I did of the two soul butterfly's!)

Curiously staring at both butterfly's, I wait until the one that I knew was mine came near and then once they were near enough i held my hand out and was delighted when my butterfly landed on my hand

Curiously staring at both butterfly's, I wait until the one that I knew was mine came near and then once they were near enough i held my hand out and was delighted when my butterfly landed on my hand. Though, what I didn't expect was for the other butterfly that was following mine to also land on me, except they landed on my shoulder and stayed there.

Smiling softly at the two butterfly's, I watch the two of them for a moment before snapping my attention to the sound of someone's voice behind me. "sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʟɪғᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ." a skeleton that looked like the grim reaper said while staring at me with empty eye sockets and an easygoing grin. "Um- not to be rude but who are you?" I asked while watching as the black butterfly flew off my shoulder and onto the new skeleton guy's shoulder. "Tʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ's ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ, ɪᴛ's ʟᴏᴠᴇʟʏ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ʏᴀ ᴇxᴛᴇʀ." Reaper said while petting his butterfly that was on his shoulder.

"Nice to meet you too" I said while staring at the reaper guy curiously. "If I may ask, why do you and your butterfly give off this...deadly aura?" I asked, curiosity shining in my eyelights. "I ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ʟɪғᴇ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴀ ᴡʜᴏ I ᴡᴀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴊᴏʙ?" Reaper said while going into a sitting position in the air. 'wait- sitting in the air?!' I thought while blinking twice before looking back at reaper to see he was indeed floating in the air with no care in the world. 'how the heck?' is all I thought before forcing myself to focus on the question I was asked.

"Well no- Life didn't really bother explaining anything, only said that she would contact her friend to see if they could help me learn to make portals so I could leave and travel." I said while looking at my butterfly who flew back on my hand. "I sᴇᴇ, ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ I ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴏғғ ᴛʜɪs ᴅᴇᴀᴅʟʏ ᴀᴜʀᴀ ʜᴀs sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ᴊᴏʙ. Mʏ ᴊᴏʙ ɪs ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴘ sᴏᴜʟs sᴏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀʟɪғᴇ." Reaper said while staring at the healthy green grass that was withering below him. "Oh- wait. So does that mean your the grim reaper then?" I said before realizing how stupid that question sounded, I mean his aura pretty much says 'touch me and you will die' and the way he's dressed pretty much screamed 'I'm the grim reaper and i will be waiting to reap your soul when the time comes.' Not to mention he literally just told me his job, of course he's the damn grim reaper so why did I even ask?!