Fly High!

(Exter POV)

It's finally time...To hunt- I mean find error. I was about to enter through the portal I made to see where it would lead only to stop when I hear a shout. "Exter! Where are you going? Especially without saying a proper goodbye?!" Outer yelled while running at me, wearing his pajamas and slippers. "Erm- away?" I say awkwardly, feeling bad that I was about to leave without saying goodbye. Though, could you blame me? People say it's harder to say goodbye and leave when you say it in person so that's why I chose to leave without any sad goodbye's. After all, I did that with Reapertale so I thought it would work here but seems not, outer must've noticed I was gone and caught me right when I was about to leave...I'm probably gonna get scolded aren't I?

(Half an hour later-)

(Exter POV)

"Next time you try leaving like that and I'll knock you out do you understand?" Outer said in such a calm voice that I was starting to wish he was yelling at me instead of acting like a scary mom but sadly the world does not seem to hear my pleas it seemed. "I understand." I say while my yearning for adventure grew. "...*sigh*, Just please tell me next time alright? I would've thought you were kidnapped or something!" Outer said while staring at me like I was his biggest problem at the moment which I pretty much was. "I left a note." I said which seemed to make outer give me a 'really?' look. "Do you really think I'm gonna just accept you left on your own because of a note? A kidnapper could've written that!" Outer said as he watched me tuck my wings behind me in guilt.

"I'm sorry." I say while my wings drooped behind me. Eye lights softening, outer pulls me into a hug while sighing, "it's fine, just stop worrying me. You don't sleep a lot, you barely eat, you don't care if you accidentally hurt yourself, and now you think of leaving without saying goodbye because you think it's the best thing to do?...It's worrying Exter." Outer says while letting go of me to look at me better. "..." Not answering, I look away while guilt stirred inside me. "You can leave." Outer says, immediately I perk up, though I hesitate when outer starts walking away. "Erm-, can...can I have another hug first?" I ask while feeling embarrassed that I was asking for a hug when I'm already an adult.

Looking at me in surprise before smiling, instantly I lit up in glee when outer walked back to me and gave me a hug. In happiness, I let out a chirp sound which made me and outer freeze. Flushing in embarrassment, I lightly push outer away while blushing in embarrassment in my scarf while looking away. "Did you just chirp?" Outer asks with a amused grin on his face. "No." I respond quickly while my wings wrapped around me to cocoon me away from the world. "Aww, I mean I knew because you have wings your most likely part bird but who knew you had the chirp as well." Outer say's, still teasing me while talking which made me further sink into my wings, my face a bright red.

"That's it! I'm leaving now, bye!" I say quickly while opening a portal to a random au. Grinning in amusement, outer yells out to me while waving goodbye, "Make sure not to fly away with the wind and end up in a hurricane!" I hear outer yell out to me. Giving him a slight glare with my face still flushed red, I watch as he laughs at me with amusement in his eye lights. Letting out a huff, I turn away and walk into the portal while my wings fluffed up with my embarrassed mood.

(Outer POV)

Watching as Exter left through the portal, my smile dropped slightly when I saw him disappear. "I hope you know what your getting yourself into by venturing through au's kiddo." I say while turning around and heading back home, time to tell paps that Exter had to leave. Knowing papyrus he's gonna be sad for awhile but knowing paps he'll bounce back quickly. I wonder what adventure's Exter will go on? Can't wait to find out whenever he comes back to visit.

(Meanwhile with Exter)

(Exter POV)

It has now been about 15 minutes since I've entered this au and was wandering about when someone spoke behind me."Huh, never seen you before. You new around here?" Someone asks from behind me. Turning around, I saw...A fellow bird skeleton? Staring at the fellow bird buddy, I had a strange feeling to follow him. Deciding not to answer, I observe this sans and note in my mind that their wings are a pretty dark black, they have goggles, nice jacket, and...are those talons sticking out of his slippers? Are they connected to his feet? Okay, well that's a new one. I don't think I have taloned feet. Looking down at my feet, I confirm that I indeed do not have taloned feet sticking out of my slippers.

"Hey. You there?" The sans of this au say's while waving his hand in front of me, snapping my attention back to him. I open my mouth and flush in embarrassment when a chirp in confirmation comes out instead, luckily this sans didn't seemed fazed and just chirped back to me, surprising me but also helping to put me at ease strangely. "Uh- sorry about the chirp thing, can't really control it well." I say, apologizing my face still flushed red but not as badly as it was before when outer teased me. "It's fine, I sometimes can't control it either. The bird In me just won't let me win sometimes." This sans answers with a comforting smile, making my wings relax.

Giving a smile back, I watch as this sans holds a hand out to me in greeting. Shaking his hand I listen as he introduces himself. "Names sans but just call me crow, you?" Sans now named crow says while waiting for my name. "My name is Exter, pleased to meet you crow." I say while watching as crow smiled before beckoning me to follow him. Hesitating to follow, crow notices and chirps to me in comforting tones before speaking. "I ain't gonna hurt ya, just want you to meet my bro. He would love to meet a new face around here." Crow explains honestly while holding a hand out for me. "Oh." I respond while relaxing, though I was confused on why I had a feeling he wasn't lying. Perhaps it's the bird In me that trusts him? Looks like my bird instincts may be kicking in.

Shaking away my thoughts, I hesitantly grab crows hand and follow him until we made it to a nearby cliff. "Hope ya don't mind but we're gonna have ta fly a little." Crow says while turning to me. Hearing that we would have to fly actually made me light up in eagerness since I haven't gotten to fly too much lately and my wings were begging to be free to fly around. Agreeing to what crow said, we both looked at each other with a grin before both jumping off the cliff.

The feeling of wind going through my wings and clothes made me feel exhilarated and I couldn't help the delighted chirps escaping my mouth or the smile spreading across my face. Spreading my wings out, I flap them and watch as crow follows my lead and does the same. Staring at crow, my eye lights soften upon seeing that he looked just as delighted as I am upon flying in the sky. After all, just the feeling of flying made me feel so free not to mention it was fun to do especially with a fellow skeleton bird friend.

Perhaps I'll look for error later, it's not like I'm in much of a rush anyway. Plus, it gives error more time to hide! Not that he knows that of course.
________________________________________

Have a good day and night!

I was actually gonna make this chapter shorter originally but decided I wasn't gonna be a lazy bum and made it longer.

Info:

Exter really needs to take care of himself better.

Outer is like a worried mother.

Crow is happy to have a new friend.

Exter is happy that he has met a fellow bird skeleton.

Error feels his senses tingling and feels even more paranoid than before.

Reaper suddenly feels jealous and doesn't know why.