8. leap of faith

Happy Halloween 🎃

----- Saturday October 31st -----

Jane's pov:

I apsolutly love Halloween. It's one of my favourite holidays, and me and my friends had an idea for costumes for today.

It's like secret Santa in a way I guess. 4 people in our group of 8, including chase (Charlie) and Tom, pick names out of a hat and whoever they get they are paired with. Those 2 have to come up with a joint costume idea for the day. This could be things like Percy and Annabeth to a book and pen.

I ended up getting Cathy's name.
Kat got chase,
Anne got Anna,
Tom got Catherine.

This is going to be interesting. Here's the thing, we don't know what anyone else is doing, so there's a possibility of a duplicate costume.

Me and Cathy decided to go as Orpheus and Eurydice. Cathy was Orpheus and me, Eurydice. We decided the hadestown costumes would be most practical and comfortable throughout the day.
We spent a little while gathering supplies and then we sat down and made our costumes together.

Now it's the morning of Halloween, costumes are completely finished and me and Cathy are getting ready to go meet our friends.

The group had decided to go to an activity center for the day and just have a load of fun in costume.

We arrived at the center and we saw the costumes of those who had arrived.

Kat and chase went as phineas and Ferb. They also brought a Perry the platypus stuffed toy for the effect.

Catherine and Tom decided to go as Kim and Ron from Kim possible.

And Anna and Anne, when they finally got there where Beetlejuice and Lydia.

"Alright guys, now that we're here, just a few ground rules. No alcohol, no crime and no punting children, Anne and Anna." Catherine emphasised the last bit, looking at the 2.

"Oh come on! It was one time." Anne responded. "I had nothing to do with it. I don't know why your looking at me." The younger one stated, denying her involvement in the situation.

"Anna. You dared her to do it.." Catherine sighed, I took that as my sign to take over. "Okay, now that we're all clear on the ground rules, let's go have some fun and make this the best Halloween we can!" I say, barely containing my excitement.

We head inside and look at the activities.

Activity list for those 14-18:

-Lazer tag
-Climbing walls
-14-18 softplay
-Bumper cars
-halloween special: haunted house experience

We all sat down in the café area and discussed options. We decided we would start out with bumper cars and go from there.
We get on the bumper cars and it's apsolute chaos. Word of advice, never let Anne drive anything.

Anne spent the entire thing first, figuring out how to drive it, then she would go from one side of the ring to the other to create momentum to bash into someone's car. It was fun, but Anne slammed full force into Tom while he was spinning at top speed.
Tom didn't stop the spinning of his car so they basically created human bayblades and this is what we spent the rest of the bumper cars doing.
4 people would spin, 2 on each side, and the person who they share a costume idea with would bash into them with as much speed as possible and then the spinners would crash into eachother until only one remained spinning. Catherine and Tom won because, who knew, the 2 most competitive people where in a team together. Tom said he was almost sick from spinning but said he would definitely do it again.