-EIGHT*

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

— "You are to meet Queen Rhaenyra, not in visiting manners, but political.. she wants to ask questions about your army, m'Lady." Ser Stefon stepped forward with a note from said Queen.

The note was not as kind as she was during the wedding, but quite demanding. In some way, desperate.

"Very well, Ser Stefon. I'll write her back as soon as possible." [Y/N] smiles at the man, who nods, and walks towards the rest of his men.

The Septon stepped forward. "Lady Stark, you know how much respect I have for your family, and you, but don't you think this is a big step. Perhaps you could just send a messenger?"

"I think my wife is quite able to speak her mind towards my Queen mother, don't you think so?" Jacaerys spoke up. His voice in a threatening tone.

The Septon, now shaken at the tone. He bows his head. "Very well, your grace."

[Y/N] sighs. "Ser Stefon, could you please gather a group of your men, perhaps ones not needed to support Winterfell, in case of any uninvited intrusions?"

Ser Stefon nods, and bows his head towards Jacaerys. "Yes, my Lady.. and your grace."

"While I'm away on political matters, my.. husband will look after Winterfell. I will be gone for no longer than a week, and a few days. If anything is to happen to Winterfell, I would rather a raven be sent that anyone's head, understand?"

The men who were to stay in Winterfell nod towards Lady Stark.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"I'll stay in Winterfell?" Jacaerys was two steps behind [Y/N], as she had her handmaidens packing her stuff.

"Yes, Jace. I need someone I trust to stay here." [Y/N] turns to him.

The two stood, toe-to-toe.

"Please, [Y/N]. This is my family. I'm sure Alysanne will look after Winterfell just fine." He begs.

[Y/N] shook her head. "She was never suited to look after a Kingdom, and I and her both know it. And so do you. Jacaerys," she took his hands into hers, squeezing them reassuringly.

"I'll be gone and back again before you know. Winterfell has finally gotten used to be being their Lady. And it won't take them long getting used to you. I just need you to look after them while I'm gone."