-NINE

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

— Within the next days, a Black Council meeting was held again. This time Rhaenyra made certain that her eldest son would be present. As well as her second eldest, Lucerys, was too.

Rhaenyra stood at the head of the table, as Jacaerys and [Y/N] stood at the other end.

"I bring forth a proposition, Lords.. and Lady," she sends a grin towards [Y/N].

"With Lady Stark speaking for the majority of the North, and the amount of men she brings with it. I propose we fight our own battles,"

The Lords surrounding her whisper to one another in shock, as Jacaerys tenses.

"Your grace-"

"Let me speak." Rhaenyra raises her voice.

"With my son, Lucerys, nearly being killed by the usurper King, I suggest we fight our own battles towards the same cause,"

"The Greens know what they're doing. They'll go for each of your Kingdoms, and I highly suggest you wait until it hits your Kingdom.." Rhaenyra takes a breath.

"My son, Jacaerys, and his wife, Lady Stark will stay in Winterfell, and train as many men as they can. Jacaerys will also help train younglings to ride dragons, dragons whom are yet to be claimed."

Rhaenyra and [Y/N] make tense eye contact.

"Mother," Lucerys speaks up. "May I stay in the North, too? To help with training?"

"Prince, you are still healing." A maester warns him.

Rhaenyra looks at the boy, and gives a weak smile. "If Lady Stark is welcoming to let you join, you may bring spare dragon eggs, and help train dragon riders, not swordsmen, let Lady Stark and her men do so."

Lucerys' face lights up, looking at his brothers wife with a large smile. [Y/N] smiles back at him with the same enthusiasm.

"Mother, perhaps its best if I stay here, to raise awareness and word about this cause." Jacaerys continues. "Lucerys will do just fine at Winterfell with [Y/N]'s supervision."

Rhaenyra shares a glance with [Y/N], who looked surprised at her husbands offer.

"I propose you speak with your Lady wife, first, Jacaerys, and report back to me."

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Really?"

Jacaerys sighs, and turns to her. "Give me two days, and I'll come back with men and women willing to fight."