-TEN*

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

— The last letter Jacaerys had sent was near eight moons ago. In [Y/N]'s first letter replying to his love confession; she had written how she was carrying his child. And how he'd better be here to name it.

And yet, as [Y/N] was in her final weeks of said pregnancy, her husband was in no sight.

Neither was his army of dragonriders.

Lucerys, ever the gentleman, had stayed by her side. Though needed to leave to marry his betrothed, Rhaena.

[Y/N] had found it a bit strange how the Targaryen and Velaryons had married one another over the past generations. And how Jacaerys had broken off his betrothal with Rhaena's sister just to marry her.

Lucerys had arrived back to Winterfell, bearing another dragons egg - the others previously hatched and sent immediately to Jacaerys to be trained.

[Y/N] and Lucerys had done their best to train the men and women of Winterfell, preparing them for any intruders.

The dragon riding teachings not so much. The dragons couldn't smell High Valaryian blood off the Northern people, and had immediately shook them off their backs, injuring few, and killing two.

So the dragon riding was now set as a last option. Anyone who wanted to learn would be sent to Dragonstone, in hopes Jacaerys and the Dragonseeds could train more people.

Which was what Jacaerys last letter contained. A thank you note. And a goodbye note. Claiming he'd write in the morrow.

And yet the morrow came, and many more, and no letter.

[Y/N] sat in front of the fire. Her belly felt a massive weight. The Maester claimed it was a sign that childbirth was coming soon, so she should be prepared.

And like all those moons ago, Lucerys sat by the fire, tending to the egg.

"I hope the babe can get the dragon." Lucerys spoke up. The egg, red with tiny specks of green, made no intention of shining like the previous eggs had done.

"Perhaps my babe will be like me, and not touch a dragon until the day I die." [Y/N] attempts to make a joke, but Lucerys looks back at with a tightened smile.

"What's wrong, Luke?" [Y/N] sat up, straighter.

Lucerys sighs. "[Y/N]... mother had told me to wait until the babe was born, but I couldn't make you go through the grief."

"Luke," [Y/N] dry chuckles. "You're scaring me..."

"There's been no communication from the Dragonseeds.. people around Dragonstone are speaking that they have all.. died.. by dragonfire, or the Greens, no one is sure..."