Chapter 26

A/N:

Let me just start off this chapter by thanking you all for being so patient. I had no intention of delaying the newest chapter for so long but let's just say I had a lot going on lol. Between work and covid and planning my own wedding I haven't gotten a chance to work on my story. But now I'm done working for the season and I'm covid free, so I have a chance to finally get this up and running again haha. Thank you all for your continued support, and enjoy the newest chapter <3

Hoodie marched through the dark and rainy forest, making his way back to his boss' towering mansion. Mud from the forest floor clung to his boots and the bottoms of his pant legs. He approached the tall doors of the mansion and pushed them open, kicking the mud off as he walked in. Not even reacting to the gazes of other mansion dwellers falling on him as he walked upstairs, down the hall, and into his room. Hoodie's room was incredibly plain, the eggshell white walls held no decorations, his queen sized bed had nothing but plain white blankets and a single pillow. He untied the laces and kicked off his muddy boots, sitting on his bed and looking at the digital alarm clock sitting on his end table reading 3:46 AM. He had come back earlier than usual tonight.

He wrung his mask out into the sink of the bathroom attached to his room, and put on a dry set of clothes. Hoodie's monotonous routine would soon come to a close, as he had one final thing to do on his list. He exited his room and walked down the hallway, making his way to his boss' office.

He knocked on the door, waiting for an invitation.

"Come in." The Operator's deep and booming voice came from inside and Hoodie opened the door.

The Operator watched silently as Hoodie entered his office and took a seat in front of him, silently awaiting his prompt to speak.

"And what brings you back so early Brian?" Hoodie had no reaction to being called by his human name.

"Just to report back to you sir, I finished a bit early tonight." The Operator's otherwise blank face would lead you to believe there was no way to tell how he was feeling based on expression, and in most cases that would be true. However those who had been dealing with the entity for a while knew how to read the grooves on his face, and Hoodie could tell he was surprised.

"So you did, I suppose there's nothing left for you to do tonight." Hoodie stood up and nodded, turning around to leave the office until The Operator beckoned him one more time.

"I can't tell you how refreshing it is to have such a loyal subordinate in such a trying time, trust me when I tell you your efforts don't go unnoticed." Hoodie only returned the compliment with a nod, and a burning sensation shot through his body. He walked out of the office and back to his room. He went to the bathroom to take a shower, taking off the clothes on the upper half of his body to look at himself in the mirror. The same black discoloration on your arm sprawled across Hoodie's back, creeping down both of his arms and onto his chest. Hoodie was another who held the mark of the operator, he looked upon it and remembered just why he owed The Operator his very existence, vowing to push on.

He knew exactly the disloyal people The Operator was talking about, maybe it was time for the people in question to get one final shove in the right direction. While Tim was the boss' best killer, Hoodie was always his true right hand man. The best thing to get his former partner back on track was to get rid of his metaphorical tumor. They weren't living together anymore but it was clear as day the emotional connection the two shared was still there.

All he needed to do was drive that wedge further in between you two, and everything could finally go back to normal. He needed to get rid of you.

~~