Chapter 6 (Revised)

You heard a commotion coming from outside, You stood up and ran downstairs, peeking through the window. You saw Masky and Toby outside fighting. You ran outside, and attempted to break up the fight, you saw Toby about to punch Masky in the face, and you sprung into action, grabbing his arm and holding it back before he could hit Masky. Toby turned his head and glared at you, visibly seething with rage. He broke away from your hold and turned to face you.

"I thought I t-told you doesn't c-care about you!" You looked at Toby with wide eyes. He punched you in the face, and pushed you back against the decking on Masky.s porch. He punched you again, and again, until you blacked out, sliding down the decking fully unconscious. You slumped onto the ground, falling on your side. The world seemed to go in slow motion for Masky, he watched in absolute bewilderment as your unconscious figure fell to the forest floor, Toby standing over you with blood staining his knuckles. His ears were ringing, and he felt his short fuse reaching its end. Time and time again he has put up with this bratty kid's nonsense. Supervising him on missions he's not qualified for, adopting him onto his two-man squad when the boss took Toby under his wing.

The boss favored Toby, treating him like a starving dog he rescued out of a cardboard box on a city street. Masky and Hoodie have put up with this kid for too long, and it all finally came to a head at that moment. Everyone knew Masky was the boss' best killer, never missing a mission, never coming home empty handed. Masky hadn't had anything good going for him in a long time, finally something good fell into his life, and he's getting shit all over by the boss' golden child. There was a limit, a line in the sand Masky had drawn, and Toby had crossed it a long time ago.

He marched over to Toby, grabbing both his shoulders and throwing him to the ground. Masky kicked Toby in the side, when Toby rolled over he kicked him in the stomach. He got down on his knees and punched Toby in the face, over and over again. Breathing heavily, his sunglasses slipping off his face and falling to the dirt. Toby not reacting to the pain and just trying to hit back. It was a bloodbath, Hoodie ran over and pulled Masky off of Toby, Masky kicking trying to get out of his partner's hold.

"Let go of me!" Masky screamed at the top of his lungs. Toby stood up, wiping the blood pouring out of his nose away like the beating he just received was nothing, and to him it wasn't. Masky fought his way out of Hoodie's grip, snatching the box of feminine products away from him. He stood there, breathing heavily. His hair was a mess, beads of sweat forming on his head. His sharp brown eyes focused on Toby. The two of them stood there, staring at each other.

"I don't want to see either of your faces around my cabin." He hissed. He walked over to you, picking up your unconscious body bridal style. He carried you inside, slamming the door behind him. He walked upstairs, holding you in his arms. He looked down at your features, once again with a bloody nose and a black eye. Good god, just this morning everything was fine. What happened? He walked into his room and set you down on his bed. He walked into the bathroom and grabbed his first aid kit. He came back in and sat down on the bed next to you, cleaning up the blood from your face, and cleaning your cuts.

"Good lord... What are you doing to me...?" Masky watched you, not wearing his usual mask he got a good look at you. You were bruised, exhausted and starving. He had seen it all before, things like that were never anything he ever cared about. He wasn't interested in normal people and their normal people issues. What suddenly made you so special? Nothing, in all reality there wasn't really anything defining about you. If you put anybody in this situation where they lived with the gender they were attracted too they'd eventually develop feelings. Right? He laid down next to you, and turned onto his side to look at you. You were cute, he gave you that. He laid there, nothing covering his face except for a black, cloth, face mask.