Chapter 7 (Revised)

You woke up the next morning, and rolled out of bed. You were in the bathroom brushing your teeth and hair when the reality of yesterday's situation hit you all at once. You groaned, and sat on the floor of the bathroom with your toothbrush hanging out of your mouth. You sat on the floor brushing your teeth, mentally preparing yourself for anything and everything that could happen. What if he was mad? What if he kicked you out? What if he wanted to kiss again? Thoughts raced through your head a mile a minute. You tied your (h/l) (h/c) hair into a ponytail, spitting out your toothpaste and feeling fresh. You walked downstairs, wearing a pair of black jeans and a blue flannel you borrowed from Masky overtop a white t-shirt.

You walked downstairs, picking up bottles of cleaning supplies, ready to get to work. Masky didn't say a word to you when you came downstairs, completely ignoring you. In a way it was a relief, you didn't have to deal with any consequences of the night before. You swept the kitchen floor, wiped down the table, and cleaned anything spoiled out of the fridge. Since you came here you attacked the chores more and more, meaning every day there was less and less to do. You got to the kitchen and started cooking. You turned on the gas for the stove and used a lighter to start the fire. You made scrambled eggs and bacon for you and Masky. You set out a plate for yourself, and carried Masky's plate over to him on the couch.

"I've got breakfast for you." Masky turned to look at you for the first time all morning. He took the plate from your hand and lifted his mask up just enough to fit food through.

"Thank you." He began eating, leaving the conversation there. You huffed through your nose, and went back into the kitchen to grab your food. Why were you so concerned about Masky giving you any attention? Any other day you didn't care. Your mind kept flashing back to the kiss the two of you shared the night before. You sat at the table playing with your food, pushing around chunks of scrambled egg on your plate with your fork. You rested your head on the palm of your hand, staring down sadly at your plate.

"I must have made him uncomfortable... Man, if I had known he'd give me the cold shoulder like this I would've just stayed in bed."

Masky could feel your eyes on him, choosing to ignore you. What happened last night could never happen again, he was acting completely on impulse. The day had been full of high emotions and adrenaline, he was bound to make some stupid mistake. He checked his pocket for his pack of cigarettes, and stood up.

"Going somewhere?" Your gentle voice rang through the air. Making him feel nervous, happy, and sick all at the same time. He turned around , not fully looking at you.

"I'm just going for a smoke, don't follow me." He closed the door behind him. He leaned against the railing on the front porch, lifting his mask up just enough to hold his cigarette in his mouth. The only way to solve the issue he was having was to push you away, as far away as he could. The two of you couldn't be together, for a lot of reasons. What would the boss do? What would the others do? What if you got hurt? There were so many excuses why he shouldn't do this, and the cons were outweighing the pros.

"Everyone warned you not to take in outsiders Tim, look what happens when you don't listen..."

You sat at the table, staring at the door. You tried to think of a way you could apologize for making Masky uncomfortable. You thought back to Toby, and all the things he said about Masky not caring about you. You sat there for a moment, cooking up an idea.

A realization came to you, and you got up from your seat gathering a few things.

A first aid kit and a dessert from Masky's stash. The only way you were going to get any information out of Toby is if you showed up, and groveled at his feet. You put everything in a bag and ran out the door, passing Masky on your way out.