Happy Reunions

Margaret Creevey was heading into her 4th year at Hogwarts: school of witchcraft and wizardry, but first she was to experience one of, what she was sure would be, the most thrilling events of her life time- the Quidditch World Cup

Margaret Creevey was heading into her 4th year at Hogwarts: school of witchcraft and wizardry, but first she was to experience one of, what she was sure would be, the most thrilling events of her life time- the Quidditch World Cup. She hadn't believe her luck when Ronald Weasley told her his father, Arthur Weasley, had been given free tickets.

Maggie and Ron have been friends since their first year at school after he'd barged into her when rushing to Professor Snape's lesson and began apologising profusely the moment he saw the murderous look in her eyes. She'd met his house friends and they, since then, have shared some rather exhilarating moments. Such as a killer teacher and wicked chess all the way to a werewolf and a traitor.

And now here she stood, in front of a half packed/ half unpacked case, in a desperate attempt to finish her last minute packing for her stay at the Weasley's. Stuffing in the rest of her essentials, without the use of magic, once again, she called for her younger brother to help her.

"Oi, Colin! Help me a second, will you?" Fast footsteps could be heard hammering up the stairs and Colin's head peeped around the frame of her bedroom door. Maggie pointed to her case with a tired look on her face, begging for assistance.

But the look in her brothers stare told her help would not be provided so easily. His eyes drew to a conclusion and a smile filled with mischief lit up his face as he prepared to ask the question she'd hears a thousand times before.

"I will help you, Margie, if you do just one small thing for me..."

"No, no. No. For the millionth time-"

"Get Harry Potter's autograph for me?" His little eyes shine up at Maggie, so persuasive by themselves she almost agrees, but she thinks better of it. That boy doesn't need anymore steam blowing up his arse.

"Oh, for gods sake. Forget it. Dennis-" she says, beginning to call out for her youngest brother.

"Okay! Okay, I'll help you." He says with a playful roll of his eyes.

Satisfied, Maggie gestured for him to sit on the case and she pulled it closed. Her brothers disappointment at not getting to go with his sister hadn't simmered out quite yet.

Maggie rolled her eyes at her brother with a smile and ruffled his hair.

Their mothers voice called up the stairs, stealing her attention, "Margaret, darling, you'd best be of now. It'll be an early start for you all, no doubt."

The smile on Maggie's face only grew and she pulled her case off of her bed and ushered Colin and it out of the room. Juliet Creevey greeted them at the base of their stairs, a grand look on her face, the woman was obsessed with quidditch every since she'd learnt about the magical sport.

"Have you got everything you need," Maggie nods her head at her mother, "had breakfast?"she nods again, Juliet squeezes her face as she says, "your going to have so much fun! Now I love you but you'd best be off, Molly did say one, hm? I love you so much and I'll see you at Christmas." Her mums warm smile floods her face as she lead her daughter to the fireplace.

"I love you too, mum. I'll see you soon Collie and stay out of my room." she replied as she grabs a handful of floo powder and shoots a sharp look at her brother, "Bye, D!" She yells but she's not sure if he hears her.

"The Burrow." The same swallowing sensation took over her senses, like it had all the times before. Relief flooded in when she felt her feet on the solid ground of the Weasley's dinning room. Smiling, identical faces immediately welcomed her.

"Oh, look. If it isn't-" Fred started.

"-our Little Marjorie." George finished with a smirk.

"George, Fred." Maggie replied with a sly smile.

"How was your summer without us, huh?" George and Fred pulled her into to a side hug as Mrs Weasley and Ginny clambered into greet her.

"Peaceful." Fred and George busied themselves with fake hurt and Ginny rushed forward to hug the smothered girl.

"Oh, I'm so glad your here. I almost forgot how unbearable it is being the only girl in the house." Maggie laughed at the girls dramatics.

"I can relate to that."

***

After Mrs Weasley had finished fussing over her and she'd dropped her stuff by her usual set up in Ginny's room, everyone had been called down for dinner, but Maggie couldn't be fooled so easily. She knew Mrs Weasley, just like her own mother, really meant 'it's not really ready yet but come help me set the table'.

She bumped into to Fred and George on one of the many staircases and she could see Percy on a higher level slowly walking as he wrote something down. That's what she loves most about this house, it's homeliness. Loud footsteps crept up behind her, revealing her best friend, Ron. He'd grown an unbelievable amount in the few weeks since she'd last seen him and his features seemed more defined. But he still held that same awkwardness as he stopped in front of her.

"Took your time finding me." He says pulling her into a slight side hug.

"Well, I had my priorities straight, had to see my little Ginny first." Maggie says with a smile.

"Oh shut it, Maggie." He shoves her slightly and they both make their way down the stairs, it turning quite competitive as they race to see who can reach the bottom first. Maggie wins, of course, she always does and she pokes him in the side for good measure when they reach the kitchen.

"Ah, good good." Mrs Weasley says brightly to the pair, "Ron, come here and help your brothers set the table. Margaret, honey, if you would help Ginny plating the food?"

"Happy too." she says and joins Ginny at the side of the room, as she approaches the girl, a conversation about a certain Loony girl in Maggie's house shone bright in her memory, "So, Ginny, any letters from a certain Ravenclaw over the summer?" A sly smile plays on her lips and Ginny's cheeks flood red with embarrassment but she plays it of with a coy smile replying,

"Yeah, you."

"No, no, no, Ginny. Not me." Maggie says poking the girl in the side, referring to one of Ginny's friends who'd she'd fancied since her first year.

"Oh, shush," she swats the girl lightly, and after a minute adds, "no, I haven't seen her since the last day of school." the flush on her face deepened as Meg responded with,

"Well, give it time. You'll both get older and, soon, she won't be able to resists Miss Ginnerver Weasley." Ginny laughed and pushed her head into Maggie's shoulder as Mrs Weasley called,

"Come now girls. Arthur and the twins left some time ago, they'll be back with harry any minute." and if on command, as Ginny placed the last plate onto the dinning table, one by one the boys reappeared in the fire place, the first two ( Fred and George) laughed at something wildly and Harry clutched his stomach at, what Maggie could only guess, one of the twins jokes. Charlie and Bill Weasley, the eldest of the children, went up to introduce themselves.

...............................
1227 words