Sleep Walking

Fred and George stared happily at their winning from their bet with Ludo Bagman as they made their way back to the tent

Fred and George stared happily at their winning from their bet with Ludo Bagman as they made their way back to the tent. Ireland had one, Krum caught the snitch, which reminded her, as Maggie turned to look at Harry, of their own bet.

"Excuse me, Harry Potter, but I believe you own me.... what was it? 50 Gallons!" she said with a huge grin on her face and her hand out. Harry snorted.

"I don't know if you remember how that conversation ended." he said raising his eyebrows,"It was something like... we agreed that I'm the richest, best looking man alive and being graced with my presence was more that you could have ever wished for?"

"Oh, is that how you remember it? Well I remember being promised a small fortune and your hand in marriage." Maggie replied winking at him as his cheeks reddened and a small smile hung on his lips.

He was about to say something els but Ron crashes in between the two, looping his arms round their shoulders, "That was bloody great! Did you see him? Did you see Krum? He was magnificent. He was a mastermind. He....."

Maggie laughed, "Ron, you're drooling."

"I can't hear a thing from my left ear now, thanks to him screaming and screeching Krum's name in it!" Ginny said, from up ahead. Ron's cheeks grew red.

When they finally reached their tent, everyone was awake with adrenaline and the sounds of the crowd. Mr Weasley agreed they could have one last cup of coco together before heading to bed, they immersed themselves into conversations about the match until Ginny fell asleep on Maggie's shoulder and spilled hot chocolate on the floor. Mr Weasley told the girls to go to their own tent and for everyone to go to sleep, which was fine by Maggie as she said good night to the boys with a yawn.

The second her head hit the pillow, she was pulled into sleep.

Ginny shook her awake once again, but this time her face was not coated in excitement but trepidation, "Maggie! Maggie, grab your coat, come on, there's been an attack!" Her voice shook as she pulled Maggie up and shoved her coat into her arms.

As they rushed outside, Maggie realised the sounds in the field were as loud as they had been before, only screams now replaced laughter and cheers morphed into cries. Bill, charlie and Percy emerged from their tent, wands out.

"We're going to help the ministry," Mr Weasley had to yell so they could hear him, "you lot- get to the woods and stick together, I'll find you when it's all over." And with that, they sprinted into the chaos.

That's when Maggie saw the hooded figures with masks covering their features... and the floating family above them. She stood still, not believing what she was seeing, frozen in fear until Harry grabbed her hand and pulled her back into the present. She and Harry followed the rest of them and they ran until the trees swallowed them up.

Maggie held onto harry hand as tightly as she could as frantic shadows pushed and screamed around them. They heard Ron cry in pain as he fell to the floor.