iii. perfect day to buy a car

Moon had texted Zoe about the car wash to raise money for Miguel, the girl instantly replied yes to help out. Her father was asleep in the chair as she got ready. He had volunteered himself fo the night shift, so he was pretty exhausted. So Zoe had made him a meal for when he would wake up, he could just reheat it. She kissed her father on the forehead before she headed out.

It wasn't a long walk to where the car wash was taking place. It was only a block away.
She saw sam walking up so she caught up, grabbing her wrist gently.

"Hey, Sam." Zoe greeted, strolling next to her so they could walk together.

"Hey, thanks again for helping me come up with this car wash idea." Sam nodded to her.

"No biggie." Zoe shrugged, noticing Moon and Zack hanging out.

"Yes, biggie. This is why I made sure the people that worked here to help Miguel, get free slushies from the gas station agreed to let us work here." Sam informed her, pointing to the place.

"Love a good slushy," Zoe noted, Sam nodding in agreement as the two walked up to Moon and Zack, who were finishing up cleaning a car.

"Hey, Felix, it's left circle then right circle." Sam corrected, showing him. Zoe smiled at her doing the motion.

"You practice the circular motion of washing cars?" She asked Sam, a hint of teasing in it.

"Oh yeah, washing cars is a true passion of mine." Sam laughed alongside her. Zoe enjoyed her laugh.

"Hey, Moon!" Sam called out to her friend. Moon turned to see the duo and tapped Zach before the two walked up to them.

"Hey." Moon greeted the two of them, Zach and Zoe shaking hands before snapping, their signature handshake.

"Thank you so much for bringing out the cheerleading team... They are helping you attract customers." Sam remarked, taking note of the number of cars waiting to get theirs washed.

"And thank you Zach for pretending to be the Coach and sending out a message that they should help out so they wouldn't have to do laps for a practice." Zoe nodded to Zach who gave her a thumbs up.

"And thank you for introducing us!" Moon hugged the girl, nodding towards Zach. After the Hawk fiasco, Zoe explained what she did and her words, but what Zoe didn't realize is that they already hung out quite a bit. So they decided to hang out more at school so Hawk would get annoyed.

"About the whole bikini thing do we have to?" Zoe asked, the girl wearing a jacket and shorts while Sam wore overalls over her suit.

"Yeah, I thought you were a feminist," Sam added.

"Oh! I'm a sex-positive feminist. Our bodies are our expression." Moon explained to the two of them. Zoe and Sam gave each other the same look before turning back to the group.

"Oh! How is the astrology thing going?" Zoe asked Zach, knowing he was trying to get into his secret passions some more.

"It's great. Did you know that Aries is the most compatible with Leos?" Zach asked her, a grin appearing on his face.

"That's crazy." Sam nodded with a smile.

"And did you know that Libras are most compatible with Aquarius' from what I've read?" Moon asked them. Zoe blinked annoyingly at Zach, who acted like he didn't do anything. She knew Zach knew almost everyone's astrology sign. And she knew he knew Sams.

Sam was a Libra and Zoe was an Aquarius.

"Interesting." She smiled aggressively.

"Isn't it?" Zach gave her the same smile back before he and Moon went back to washing the car. Zoe rolled her eyes as she glanced back at Sam who watched the two.