xix. she's doing... great

Sam hugged Zoe tightly as the two slept on the pull-out couch. Sam woke up first due to the brightness of the sun. She got off the couch which made Zoe wake up due to Sam not being next to her. Zoe turned and saw her walking towards the bathroom.

Zoe wanted to talk to her but she knew it was best to let her be for now. Sam was still bothered and it was best to let her handle it herself unless she asked for it. She noticed a missed call and realized who it was so she immediately hit call back.

"Hello?" The voice spoke on the other line.

"Hey, Mr. L, why'd you call me?" She inquired as she watched Sam walk out of the bathroom. Her hair was in a bun as she iced her eye. The bruise wasn't as noticeable but it was still there.

"Just wanted to see how Sam was. Amanda wanted me to ask. How is she doing?" He questioned her.

Zoe watched as Sam chugged orange juice out of her cup and poured herself another doing the same thing, "She's doing... Great."

"Okay, that's good. Well, tell her there's a mandatory Miyagi Do meeting happening at 1 pm today. And I'll see you then." Daniel instructed.

"Yes sir!" She saluted him even though he couldn't see it. Daniel laughed slightly, he knew Sam was in good hands whenever Zoe was around. "See you soon."

"See you soon." He repeated to her, hanging up the call. Sam walked over with the rest of the orange juice and a granola bar she brought from her house.

"I only finished the orange juice because I saw that you had another one," Sam told her quickly. Zoe waved her off knowing it wasn't a big deal as she got up to grab herself an apple juice pouch.

"It's what all those white people quote even though half of them probably don't know what it means, they heard it from the tv. Mi casa es su casa." Zoe walked back to her and wrapped an arm around her.

"Now, let's go. Daniel said something about a mandatory Miyagi Do meeting." Zoe informed what Daniel had told her.

"Everyone, gather around," Daniel declared as the Miyagi Dos and Zoe faced Daniel. Eli and Demetri walked behind them with a nod to them. The girls held hands as Zoe gave it a squeeze, Sam sending one right back. "It's great to see you all back here again.

"You know, we all had one goal going into the All Valley. Best Cobra Kai. We walked away with a first-place trophy thanks to Eli." the group clapped for him. Zoe gave a few snaps, making sure her hand stayed with Sams's.

"As far as the rest of the tournament, well, it just didn't go our way. We said we'd close our dojo if we lost. And... That's exactly what we're going to do." Zoe and Sam looked to each other before looking back at Daniel.

"As of today, I am shutting down Miyagi Do karate." He officially announced to the group.

"What?" Sam muttered to him.

"Wait. Mr. Larusso-" Eli tried to talk to him.

"I know that's not what you were hoping to hear, but with everything going on with Cobra Kai, continuing to operate Miyagi Do only leaves a target on your backs. Guys, I have to keep you safe, okay? Just remember what you've learned. This dojo may be closing, but Miyagi Do lives inside each and every one of you still." Daniel cut Eli off before he could say anything.

"Great. Guess I'm getting a summer job." Demetri huffed.

"I'm sure Eli can visit you," Zoe mumbled to him with a knowing look. The group started to reluctantly walk away, not wanting it to be over. Sam and Zoe stayed back. Sam stepped forward as Zoe stayed a few feet away.

"Dad, this can't be your plan." Sam tried to stop him from continuing.

"I know you're disappointed." He called her out.

"I just wanna make things right." Sam let out to him. "This wouldn't be happening if I hadn't lost to Tory at the tournament. This is all my fault."

"No, Sam. It's mine." He waved her off immediately. "With Johnny gone, it's on me to fix this. I reached out to Chozen because this isn't about a tournament anymore. This is real life."

"But, dad. I can fight." Sam tried to reason.

"This isn't your fight, Sam." He cut her off. "I know firsthand that Silver isn't afraid of putting kids in harm's way. And I have to keep all of you out of it. So, please, just... Just trust me on this."

Sam didn't answer him, she grabbed Zoe's hand and walked away. She walked her to the house and into the backyard where the Miyagi treasures lived.

"You think this is going to work?" Zoe asked as Sam set up the device. Sam nodded as she pressed play, and did her movements at the All Valley. Zoe watched as she did them, a lingering look appearing on her face every time.

"I have to use the bathroom." Zoe excused herself to go use it. Once she was back she noticed a puzzled look on Sam's face.

"What's up?" She asked as Sam sat in the chair.

"Miguel called. He's okay." Sam told her. Zoe nodded as she got up and turned the video Sam had on off. Before Sam knew it, a song was playing. Accidentally in love.

Their song.

Zoe pulled Sam out of her chair and spun her around before she had ahold of both of her arms. They started to jump and swing around, not having a care in the world. Sam laughed as Zoe pretended to sing along to it with a fake microphone before Sam mimicked her as a new song automatically played. After a few songs, they sat on the ground, tired of dancing and singing.

"I promise you this, Samantha LaRusso. I will always find a way to cheer you up, even if you don't want to be cheered up." Zoe told her she stretched her legs out.

"I promise to do that to you too." Sam agreed, bringing her pinky up to her. Zoe stretched her pinky out as they both made the promise.

AN: stop it they're so cute