xvii. she could drown me and i'd thank her

"Is it normal to be sweaty before the tournament?" Zoe asked Miguel, moving her gi back and forth so her face would feel the air.

Miguel wiped her forehead, "Nope, that's the average amount before a tournament."

"Are you sure? What if this sweat messes me up? What if I can't help Sensei Johnny win the bet they made? What if I don't impress Daniel? I dont want to let them down, I'm dating his daughter!" She rambled as Miguel caught her shoulders.

"Breath. You have a lot more muscles than all of us. You can do this. He insisted. Zoe nodded as Johnny walked up to them.

"Alright, maggots, line up!" Johnny yelled at them. They all circled up as he got ready to make a speech, "Fight fair, not dirty. But make sure to beat Cobra Kai harder than the others so we can win."

"Got it." Zoe gave him a thumbs up as Daryl went to announce them.

"And finally... this dojo is making their All Valley debut, though you'll recognize a few familiar faces. Every year, a new dojo rises the ranks. Does this newcomer have what it takes to win it all? Please welcome Eagle Fang Karate, led by Sensei Johnny Lawrence and defending champion Miguel Diaz!" The group ran out, the crowd going wild. Zoe had to laugh at how her father had a sign of her baby photos, as well as Zach who had red dots painted on his face. She turned and saw Demetri, Eli, and Sam cheering for the girl as well.

"At the end of the day, only one of these dojos can be crowned Grand Champion. Welcome to the 51 All Valley under 18 karate championship!" Daryl yelled out. And the crowd went insane.

Cobra Kai stunned the crowd without missing a beat. They showed off all of their skills without missing a beat. As did Miyagi does, their only downfall being Eli who missed the one board because he didn't jump high enough. Eagle Fang also struggled, with Mitch accidentally flinging a bō staff toward the judges, and Devon not being able to break the last board.

Zoe walked on with her nunchakus, the girl walking to the center before bowing to the judges and taking a deep breath. She slowly started to swing them, looking back up, before moving them in multiple directions. She struck the air toward Cobra Kai, doing the same thing to the other side before starting a harder maneuver, swinging them in front of her without making them get tangled.

She did one last swing, the weapon getting out of her hand so she quickly went towards it and acted as if she did it with purpose. She jumped and caught it, the girl twirling herself to ease into falling on her knees. She let her right leg stretch out to balance as she swung them both out before standing and bowing before them, the crowd going crazy for her. She bowed to the judges again, going back to Johnny.

"Nice cover," Johnny muttered, the two fist-bumping before Sam walked over. Zoe got out of his way to hug the girl.

"That was not supposed to happen," She mumbled in her ear as she leaned her head into Sam's shoulder.

"Well, it did now. You impressed my dad, though." Sam nodded to her dad as they let go of each other. Zoe went back to her dojo as Sam went to hers.

"How the hell are we in sixth place?" Johnny asked in disbelief.

"The skills events are weighed differently. Gold medals are ten points, silver-" Devon went on to explain.

Johnny cut her off, "I don't give a shit about the math. What do we need to beat Cobra Kai?"

"I think she was explaining that." Zoe nodded to Devon so she could go on.

"Uh, math. To catch up on points. We need to win as many matches in the qualifying rounds as possible. The further we get, the tighter the vice around Cobra Kai's metaphorical balls." Devon went on to explain how the matches went.