viii. typical miguel things.

"Ready?" Daniel asked the Miyagi—Fang karate students. It had been a week since the fight with Kreese and the older men finally decided to put their differences aside to work together to end Cobra Kai.

"Let's begin!" Johnny yelled out. Zoe blinked and looked at Sam to see if she knew what was happening. She shrugged, letting her know that she didn't know either.

Demetri raised his hand after seeing everyone else's confused faces, "Uh. Begin what exactly?"

"Begin a new era. Many of us used to be enemies. But rivalries don't need to last forever. The All-Valley tournament is just a few months away, and this year, the stakes are higher than they've ever been. We know that Cobra Kai is gonna use every dirty trick in the book. There's only one way we're gonna be able to beat—"

As Daniel went on with his speech, Zoe zoned out, looking at Sam. She playfully nudged her on the side. Sam rolled her eyes but did the same thing. Zoe cringed, her ribs still not fully healed. Sam mouthed 'sorry' to her but the girl gave her a thumbs up. Sam rubbed her shoulder as an apology.

"By kicking their asses so hard, they shit themselves!" Johnny interrupted. It gained Zoe and Sam's attention away from each other as they gaped at the man in shock.

"Well, okay then," Zoe muttered under her breath.

"We gotta take things to the next level. Gonna teach you an aggression stronger than anything Cobra Kai can throw at us. They strike first? We'll pre-strike!" Johnny announced to the group.

"Okay, we're getting ahead of ourselves. We are going to respond to what they do." Daniel attempted to tell the group

"Eagles do not respond. They swoop down and take whatever they want. And that's what we're gonna do. Take back the Valley." Johnny went on with his odd but unique speech.

"Take it back in a measured and organized approach," Daniel informed them.

"We bite first!" Johnny finished as Daniel realized that this was going to be harder than he thought.

Daniel sighed, "Okay, let's just warm up with some simple exercises."

"Line up!" Johnny instructed. Zoe smiled at Sam as the rest of the group lined up around them.

"Okay, just breath and follow me," Daniel instructed, starting his Miyagi Do moves as he closed his hands into fists before raising them. Zoe followed instinctively, wanting to impress Daniel. Apparently, so did Johnny.

"Fighting positions." Zoe not knowing who to follow, got into her fighting position, Sam giving her a confused stare. She shrugged.
"Right leg back. Front kick, ready? Hi-yah!"

Penis breath did the kick, hitting Nate in the process. Zoe also did so, managing to trip over her own feet as she stumbled into Sam. Luckily, she caught her before she fell.

"Easy there." Sam helped her catch her balance.

"Thanks." Zoe cringed at herself for falling, "I fell thanks to... Miguel! He tripped me. You know typical Miguel things."

Miguel was caught off guard when he heard that he had tripped her but she ushered him to say something, "Yup. Typical me."

"What can you do with him?" Her voice sounded strained because of her terrible lie. It transitioned to practice fighting, the two picked were Bert and Penis Breath.

"You got this, little man!" Zoe cheered for him as they watched the fighting. Bert three the first few punches, Penis breath blocking before he went to knee him.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey." Daniel stopped the fighting, "You're just swinging at each other. Don't you teach any defense?"

"Best defense is more offense." Penis breath quoted. Bert then kicked him twice, the second time he fell into the rock.