xxiv. go sam!

"Hey." Zoe turned to see Sam. She pecked her lips as the brunette started to stretch.

"Hey, how are you feeling? You ready to take on Tory?" Zoe asked her as she messed with her Eagle Fang gi. Sam nodded turning to Tory before facing Zoe again.

"I feel like I'm ready, I'm just-" Sam took a deep breath, trying to find the right words.

"You're nervous. I get it." Zoe rubbed her arm gently, "But, you got this. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, you're the Sam LaRusso."

Sam gave her a genuine smile before they heard Daniel and Terry making passive-aggressive comments to each other.

"Time to begin." The judge announced. Robby and Eli fist-bumped. "Eli Moskowitz and Kenny Payne, please take the mat."

Kenny walked on, a menacing look on his face. Eli hopped on like he usually did, getting ready.

"Face me. Bow. Face each other. Bow. Ready? Fight!" They got into fighting stances before it started. Kenny quickly attempted to kick him, but Eli moved out of the way before he could. Kenny started to swing at him, Eli using the waxing on-and-off method to block them before Kenny managed to kick him in the rib cage.

"Point. One-Zero, Payne." The referee announced. Cobra Kai cheered, all except for one, Tory.

"Ready? Fight!" Kenny attempted to kick again, Eli blocking it all three times. Kenny attempted to punch and kick, but Eli shoved him away. Eli jumped and kicked him.

"Yes!" Johnny attempted to cheer.

"Out of bounds!" The referee yelled. "No point."

"All of these refs are so blind, like Jesus!" Zoe gapped at him.

"Come on, ref, that's horseshit. He made contact in bounds!" Johnny yelled.

"No point. Back on the line." The referee looked at Johnny with a look. "Ready? Fight!"

Kenny kicked thrice again, and Eli blocked every attempted hit. Eli went to hit but Kenny blocked them before going to kick him again. When Eli went to kick one final time, Kenny grabbed a hold of his leg hitting it.

"Illegal hit! Turn and Kneel." The referee called.

"Warning? He should be disqualified!" Daniel now yelled out. Eli walked over and talked to them before heading back to the mat.

"Ready? Fight!" Kenny got into a different position before slamming his fist into Eli's chest, causing him to fall. "Point! Two-Zero, Payne."

"Hawk!" Miguel called him in concern. He didn't stand, he was on the floor, gasping for air. Zoe walked closer but backed away as Daniel and Johnny moved in to see him.

"Can you continue?" The ref looked at him.

"Give him a second." Zoe interfered, giving a judgemental look to the referee. Hawk went to get back up but fell back to the ground.

"Where's the medic?" Johnny asked loudly, a medic walking towards them afterward.

"That's a forfeit. Winner, Payne." The ref announced. Cobra Kai started to cheer for their win. Zoe scoffed loudly, Sam squeezed her hand in comfort.

"Guess you got a new name. Faux-Hawk." Kenny walked towards Eli with an evil- looking grin. Zoe squeezed Sam's hand back, much harder because she didn't want to cause a scene. Johnny helped Eli walk off the mat while the main judge stood up.

"We begin our girls' fight. Samantha LaRusso and Tory Nichols, please take the mat." Sam pecked Zoe on the cheek before she went to step on the mat.

"Sam, hey. They're fighting dirty. This is dangerous, you don't have to do this." Daniel told her with a sincere look.