Chapter 1- Future Unfolds

Aaron/Yami's POV:
It's noon here and I awake to a faint glow escaping through my curtains, blinding me the instant I open my eyes. Mark and I haven't talked in days but I can't call him now, it's only about 4am where he is and I doubt he'd be awake. I wish we could keep in touch easier but our conversations are rare these days: I guess I miss him.

Sitting up I gaze at the clock on my bedside table next to me. I didn't realize I had slept in so late. When I stand, I notice Jess is amiss. I decide to shower and brush my teeth before I did anything else.
By the time I got out of the shower I realized how quiet the house was and I grew a bit confused.
"Jess?" I call, walking down the stairs, water running down the back of my neck from my damp hair.
No answer: only unnerving silence.
As I searched the empty house I noticed a piece of paper siting alone on the countertop. My heart sank and tears fill my eyes as I read the note, written in Jess' handwriting.

** Aaron, I'm leaving you. I'm sorry but I know you have feelings for someone else, and I know how much of a burden I am to you. When we hug, when you kiss me, I know you are thinking of somebody other than me. We barely ever talk as it is, and I cannot change who you are. I realized we were two different people who want two different things, and it's not right for me to stand in between you and yours. You might not even know who you love yet, but I know it's not me. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.
Just call him.
~Jess **

"Call him?" I question out loud, through my short breaths and sobs. What did she mean? Call him? Does she think I'm gay? And who's "him"?

I ran hastily upstairs to our- my room. I hadn't noticed it before but all of her stuff is gone. Everything is gone. I was seconds from having a mental breakdown when my phone abruptly began to vibrate in my pocket. Somebody was calling me and as I pull my phone out, I spot a familiar face on my screen: Mark.
I sent him to voice mail but determined, he called again and I reluctantly picked up.
"Hello?" I choked out, my voice cracking a bit as I tried to keep calm.
"Yami? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Mark asked, sounding genuinely concerned.
"C-Can we just Skype?" I sobbed, not able to hold back anymore.
"Of course, hold on." He replied as I heard him shuffling about his own room.
My legs gave out and I fell back on my bed after hanging up.
I reached for my laptop, sat it on my lap and turned it on; I waited for it to load. My head was down, crying into my folded hands as I awaited a call from my dear friend.
In only about five minutes, a picture of my handsome friend appeared on my screen and a fairly familiar melody filled my ears. I quickly accepted the call but my camera remained off: I didn't want him to see me like this, a nervous wreck.

"Hello? Yami, what's wrong?" He asked just as before, but spoke faster.
"She's gone, Mark."
"What? Who's gone?" He asked, sounding flustered.
"She left! I loved her and she left me!" I yelled, grabbing the attention of the American on my screen.
"Why?" He asked hurriedly, "Yami, turn on your camera." This time, when he spoke, it was calmer, more collective, and softer. I could tell that he cared by the tone in his deep, extravagant voice.
Why not? I have nothing else to lose, right?
I powered on my web cam, but kept my head down.
"Aaron... Please look at me." He pleaded, and I surrendered. Why must he control me so easily?
I raised my head, looking at the camera and seeing myself in the corner made me feel even worse.

Marks POV:
He looked up and the sight of his miserable soul caused my heart to nearly snap in half. His eyes were puffy and red, and his cheeks were drenched in tears. It hurt to see him sad so witnessing this was practically deadly.
"She left, and she was all I had. My life doesn't matter without her." He muttered in a croaked, oppressed voice. I'm surprised by his lack of faith, so it was silent for a second while I thought of a reply. I want to hug him so badly, help him stop crying, but I can't: he's too far from my grasp.
"Yami... Your life should be the most important thing to you, because it is to me." I said trying to calm the bawling man.
I can tell by his facial expression that he's still consulting what I'd said; even I was surprised on what left my mouth, but I meant every word of it. I love Aaron with all of my heart: so much that it pains me.
It went quiet but before I could add anything Aaron spoke.
"Mark I-" he began as his crying seized completely, "I gotta go."

Then suddenly, the call ended. Had I said anything wrong? Questions flowed through my mind as I lied back in bed, drifting off into an uneasy sleep, unaware of what the future had in store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First (official) Chapter!
Hope you liked it! Should the chapters be longer? PLEASE comment what you liked, and what you didn't.

I know it's the typical Aaron and Jess break up and Mark is there to save the day, but I have a lot in store!

To connect with my viewers I'm going to add a question every chapter.
Comment your answer and I will post answers next chapter.

Question of the chapter:
Who is your favorite YouTuber?

Comment your response and I hope to see you, in the next chapter... Bye bye!

~Red
{PS: I made a Markimash Oneshot and it's on my profile. It's titled Reach so go check it out! It's only kinda sad}

Instagram: @markiplr
Twitter: @cliffbaby