Chapter 6- Tree Soldiers

If I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Aaron/Yami's POV:
I woke up on the couch, with the sun streaming through the blinds and on my warm face. As I opened my eyes and looked slightly behind me, I could see the predicament I was in. Mark had his arm around my waist, still asleep and I was cornered in between him and the back of the couch. He was spooning me in his sleep and my face couldn't have gotten any redder. His head was in the crease of my neck and I lie facing towards the padded beige material, and I couldn't help but smile.
Smile because the man I love deeply has his arm around me, because I can treasure this moment, and because he cared enough to come all the way over here from America. Without a word, I fell back to sleep once more: still smiling.

Mark's POV:
I groaned quietly as I opened my eyes and the sun hit my cheeks. Staring down to find a familiar friend sleeping. I guess he fell asleep too, I thought noticing my arm.
Shit, I hope he hadn't woken up yet. I slowly untwined our bodies as he still lie dreaming and I sigh with contempt, almost not even noticing my dear friends sleeve. I loomed over his body, getting a better look at his left arm: his sleeve had risen up to his elbow from tossing in his sleep.
They were.... Scarred.....
My heart stopped, and I nearly fainted. My eyes, tracing every cut going across his pale arms were close to shedding tears. His arms looked exactly like they did in the nightmare I had long ago. The one that made me reconsider hiding my feelings.
How long has he been doing this? They didn't look too fresh but I was still worried. Why had he been doing this? Jess really did a number on him but he seemed fine. I pull his sleeve back down to his wrist and kiss his forehead. He smiles, eyes still closed, as stand up walking quietly towards the kitchen, careful not the wake the sleeping man. Spotting the clock on the stove it read 10:30 am, I also notice the box of tea bags on the counter. Why not try and make Aaron some food? He barely ate any pizza yesterday but there is barely any food in his kitchen.
I make him some tea and toast; placing it on a plate, I walk it out to the living room to see a wide eyed, and wide awake, British man rubbing his eyes and still sitting on the couch.
"Oh hey Mark." He smiled.
"Good morning Yami. I made you some tea and toast." I said, still hoping that he wasn't awake earlier.
"Oh, I'm not that hungry but thanks Mark." He said looking down.
He was too thin, he'd probably been fasting: That's not good for him and it breaks my heart.
"Yami... You need to eat. You're too thin and it's not healthy." I spoke squatting so he'd look into my eyes and not the at ground. I guess I cought him off guard and he began blushing. He was quiet and still avoided eye contact but grabbed the plate and sat it on his lap. I wanted to talk to him about the cuts but it hurt to think about, plus he probably doesn't want to talk about it.
"Thanks Mark." He said biting into the toast and swigging some tea.
"I'll go to the store tomorrow and get you some food." I suggested standing and walking out of the room.
"No it's fine I can do that." He refused standing to follow me. I sighed and turned to look at my crush.
"Fine." I smirked before continuing, "can I take a shower?"
"Of course, smelly!" He teased, "The towels are in the hall closet and you can use the bathroom in my bedroom." He added, pointing at the closet. I nodded and walked away towards the closet and followed his instructions.
Smelly? These are not the usual Yamimash teases, something's wrong.

Aaron/Yami's POV:
After I heard the sound of the pipes I knew Mark was in the shower. I sighed and sat at the counter, putting my head down.
I might as well run to the market, I needed to think.
As I was at the stop sign on my road I looked both ways and continued driving with the radio off and my thoughts out loud.
He saw my cuts. I was awake but pretended not to be so It wasn't awkward. Then, to make it more confusing he kissed my forehead. He's toying with my emotions without even realizing the toll it takes.
By this time my eyes were full of tears and there were some streaming down my face already. What does it mean?! Why can't he love me like I do?
It hurts my chest so badly by this point that one hand was covering my heart and the other was on the wheel.
Cars weren't passing me: I was passing them. One second the road was there: the next, it vanished. Trees jumped towards me as I swerved to avoid there perpetrations. The trees were different at this point. They had faces, arms, and evil grins. As if they were soldiers, guarding the future and forbidding me my desires. The soldiers knew my secrets and kept me from telling others the truth, and I feel as if they had always watched over me, yet despised my existence. I would. I do. They saw what Jess had done to me and now they want to ruin my relationship with Mark.
Yet one tall devil leaped and escaped my turn. After that, everything was a blur. The sound of crunching metal could have been heard across the province but I couldn't hear it.

"Mark..." I said faintly and out of breath. Pavement is not as soft as a couch. My head hurt, and I could see the faint outline of a puddle. The puddle was dark and growing in size. I could hardly breathe, the pain in my chest is worst than the ache of my head.

"Somebody call 911!" A faint feminine voice yelled. Everything was blurry so I couldn't see where I was but I could smell unnerving musk of gasoline.

"Mark........"
Was the last thing I remember saying. Then it was all black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Boom dynamite!

Yes there are more/better twists in the future but come on, I'm tryin here!
The whole "tree soldiers" thing was last minute, to add a bit of metaphor and visualization but I think it worked out.

Next chapter goes up at 300 views!

Last question:
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
My Answer: Probably either to fly, or turn invisible.

apollo22500 If I had one superpower, it would be to read peoples minds when I want! That way, I could freak them out!
{Hope you have fun in your endeavors, and oh this? Just a tinfoil hat. Very stylish these days}

InnasaurXD To teleport because I'm lazy XD
{I feel ya. It's such a long walk from my room the the fridge nowadays}

@LillyMyers8 - Love power. You know, to make the ships canon?
{Somebody give her this power, she is thinking for the greater good!}

Question/Statement of the chapter:
Please, ruin my life in one sentence.

Comment your response and I hope to see you, in the next chapter... Bye, bye

~Red