part 17

new chapter!!!!! yes yes i know the selfish Stefan pissed a lot you off from the last chapter. but true love always have to go through some trouble before they can finally be together! so for those of you who are wondering is Damon is going to end up with Elena, just look at the tile. Pretty self-explanatory right? Alright...let's get on with this chapter. Might be kind of...sad...sry! <3 bballluv

PART 17

Elena's P.O.V

  I broke away from Damon's arms, and it killed me inside to see him carry such a pained expression on his beautiful face.

  "I'm sorry...." I whispered, trying to control my own sobs.

  "I've always known it was going to come down to this anyways. I guess "Big Bad Damon" just doesn't fit with you." his voice cracked as he forced out the words. I knew he was trying to make it easier for me, but how is that even possible when my heart felt like it was being shredded to pieces? I gave no answer, afraid that if I spoke again, I might have a emotional break down.

  "So I guess this it..?" Damon said after a moment of silence. I nodded, squeezing my eyes as more tears leaked out.

  He started to walk away, but I caught his wrist, knowing that I had to say it to him for one last time before he goes. I look at him straight in the eye and said, "You'll always be the one that I love."

       **********************************************************************************************

2 WEEKS LATER.

  Stefan and I were standing before a movie theater on our date, trying to decide which movie to watch. He's been taking me on a lot of dates these days, saying that with all the stuff that's being going on lately, we haven't been able to spend time together. It was sweet of him, but....I wish he would give me some time to be alone, to think about what happened with...Damon. 

   My mind always involuntarily drifted to him, causing me to be spacing out a lot on my dates with Stefan. I could tell he was a little grumpy about me daydreaming so much, but he hasn't said anything yet. If it had been Damon, he probably would have concluded that I was daydreaming about him, and make a million jokes out of it. I wonder what he's doing right now...writing in his diary? Searching for Katherine? Hooking up with some-

  "Elena, Elena. Are you even listening to me?" Stefan's voice was annoyed. Oh god. I've been spacing out again. Stupid brain that thinks of Damon all the time. Ugh why can't I stop thinking about him?

  "ELENA!!!"

  "Yes yes what?"

  "What movie do you want to watch...." Stefan signed with frustration. I knew I was doing this a lot lately...but I couldn't control myself! It was like Damon was on my mind 24/7!

  "Um...well...i'm fine with whatever movie. It's your choice." I'm sorry for my lack of enthusiam, but I really didn't care what movie we watched. I knew I probably won't be paying attention anyways.

  "Well how about...Source Code? It's pretty cool to go back in time." Stefan looked even more annoyed at my answer, but again. he didn't say anything. (A/N just thought of Source Code...so...)

  "Sure. Let's get the tickets." I smiled and tried to appear cheerful, Stefan didn't deserve this. It was a date after all, might as well make it fun. Right?

   We sat down into our seats with our bag of popcorn and drinks, waiting for the movie to come on. It was supposed to be really good, something about a man going back in time to save people's lives. I wish I could go back in time, maybe I can choose Damon from the very beginning, and save all 3 of us from this situation. Well it's no use thinking about that now. All I can do is...stay with Stefan and not break his heart I guess.