part 19

new chappie! yays. sry for the huge cliffhanger in the last one, ^__^''' argh...so full. just ate a plate of pancakes. MUHAHAHA. :D <3bballluv

PART 19

ELENA'S P.O.V.

  The first thing I felt when I woke up was the coldness. The bone chilling coldness that enveloped me where I lay on the floor in a dark, small room with its walls painted a dull gray color. I tried to sit up but a sharp pain in my head made the world around me spin, landing me on the ground again.

   My fingers instinctively touched my forehead, where I could easily feel a cut with scabs of dried blood around it. One more life-long scar, how very nice.

   "Took you long enough to wake up." A man's voice said coldly in the dark, so soft I could barely hear it. I turned around slowly, hoping that it wouldn't send another wave of pain banging through my skull. The man sat on a chair a few feet behind me, his arms crossed in front of his chest, making him look...almost bored.

  It was hard to see him clearly, since it was dark and he was wearing black. But, I knew perfectly well who he was. His blue eyes gleamed in a single, dim ray of moonlight, shining in through a small window. And that's all the proof I needed. He was Damon.

  For a few seconds, our eyes were fixed on each other and time seemed to have stopped at that moment. I sat speechless on the ground while he looked down at me with a expression I couldn't comprehend.

  I remembered everything. And I know I'm supposed to feel hatred towards him for betraying me, but my breathe was still taken away when I laid my eyes on him. He was that handsome that for a second I really forget where I actually was.

  Soon, however, the responsible side of my brain took over. Reminding me that the only reason we were here in this room right now was because of him. Hell. He probably give me the cut on my forehead himself. He's a traitor, and that's all I need to remember about him.

  "Why am I here? I said, not looking at him.

  "Because Katherine needs you to bring back someone very important to her." Unlike me, he had no problem looking into my eyes. I could feel that his stare never left my face.

  I snorted. "Someone important? Didn't expect her to be able to treasure someone. And I was stupid enough to believe you were able to as well."

  He stood up suddenly, and I scooted back, afraid of what he is going to do. He looked as if he was trying to listen to something, and looked towards the door to the room.

  He kicked the chair into one of the walls, making me flinch.  Why the sudden outburst?

  "You think you had my love? How very, very foolish of you. The only reason I was even around you was because it would annoy Stefan. And you...you actually fell for me." He yelled at me, his voice echoing in the small room. The words hurt so much I could feel my heart breaking right at that moment. So it was all a lie, a show. Right, what else should I have expected? For him to really have feelings for me?

  Who am I kidding.

  I tried desperately not to let the tears fall, but every word from him was like a slap across the face. Why was this happening to me? What did I ever do?

  He was silent for a while as he looked at the door again, as if he was waiting for something to happen. And obviously something DID happened because he rushed to my side all of a sudden.

  "Are you OK?" he whispered softly, very softly.

  Wait. What the hell? One minute he was yelling at me at the top of his lungs, and now he's kneeling at my side, asking me if I was ok? Was he bipolar or something?

  "Get away from me." I said weakly, but firmly. I couldn't stand to be that close to him.

  He sighed, and walked next to the window. He let out a breathe, letting it fog the window. Then he wrote with his fingers, "Katherine is on the other side of the door right now. Let me just explain"

   I stayed silent and he kept on writing.

  "The only way to really destroy her is to have someone on the inside. We can't go on without knowing what she's up to. It killed Jenna. turned Jeremy and you are next on the list. Everything I said was just to make her believe that I'm really on her side. I'm sorry for not telling you beforehand, and...sorry for that cut.It had to look real."

  Honestly I didn't know how much relief I felt at that moment. He was being a spy, he planted himself next to our enemy to save me. He still loves me. The world suddenly seemed a bit brighter, and I could feel the corners of my mouth tugging up in a smile.

  I walked next to him, and wrote on the foggy window. "Is she still there?"

  He listened for a while, and said:" No, not anymore." He then pulled me into a hug, stroking my hair and saying that he was sorry over and over again. It felt so good to be in his arms again, especially since it's still super cold.

  "She wants your blood to bring the one that she loved back to life when she was still human. Since you are the descendant to her and her beloved one, a spell can restore him to life, using yours in return." Damon explained why Katherine came back, and I shuddered at the thought. Using my life to restore someone else's.

  "When is she going to try to do it?" I asked.

  "Not sure. She didn't tell. She probably doesn't trust me enough yet. After all, I HAVE insulted her for about a million times."

  I smiled, knowing that Damon was the only one that can get a laugh out of  me in this situation.

 STEFAN'S P.O.V.

  She was gone. Her things were right at where they were supposed to be, but Elena disappeared into thin air overnight. Where could she be? Where?

   I was at Elena's house with Jeremy by my side, thinking of all the places where she might be. I took out my phone to look at the time. 4:00 PM. She's been gone for about a whole day now. Suddenly, a text from Damon came up.

  "Elena's with me. I'm pretending to be on Katherine's side so that we can get information on what she's up to."

  I nearly choked on air as I read the text. What the hell is Damon doing? Being a spy? With Elena by his side? Didn't he know how dangerous it was for the both of them? I suddenly hated my stupid brother even more, if that was even possible.

hehe. so that is why Damon did what he did. :) comment and vote PLZZZZZZZZZZZ! <3BBALLLUV