Hard times - pt 2 (SBI 🖤)

(About 700 words)
There will be at least one more part after this one, angst isn't over :)

1st of July, 2022, 4:23 PM.

Tommy leaned back in his chair.

Techno is.. he is- he's dead.

He told himself over and over that it wasn't true while he packed the most important things to go to Phil's place.

When he had packed his bag, he looked back at the Techno plushie on his desk. With tears in his eyes he grabbed the plushie and threw it at the wall.

"You promised you wouldn't leave!" he yelled in frustration at the small fluffy pig as it fell to the floor with a small thud.
"You promised you would stay with me!?"

...

He stood in silence looking at it for a few moments before the tears started falling.

"I'm sorry, Techno.. I didn't mean to yell.." he spoke to the pig as if it was the older boy.

"I'm sorry.."
He picked it up again and put it in his bag.

As he locked the front door and put his earbuds in, he forced himself to look alright. To not look as upset as he felt.

Now playing: In the stars - Benson Boone

As the chorus came up he realized what the lyrics was about. And he got even more upset.

He almost burst into tears right then and there, in the middle of Brighton city. But he kept his facade and made a happy smile to anyone he got eye contact with.

When he arrived at Phil's house 10 minutes later he knocked on the door. Something that he never did. He always just burst in and yelled "I'm home!"

But this time was different.
He weren't home.
These people had betrayed him.
They had kept a huge secret from him.

He could never trust them again.

The door opened and there stood Will. Behind him stood Phil and Kristin. All three had a sad face and looked at the teen with worried eyes.

Will opened his arms to pull Tommy in for a hug and the younger accepted the embrace without a word. He just went right into the older's arms.

As they stood there, Tommy realized that nothing was going to be as before. No more 4/4. No more bedrock bros streams. No more Technoblade never dies.

This time he didn't try holding back the tears. He just let them run down his face and onto Will's shirt. But neither of them pulled away when they did so.

Will just held on tighter and Phil and Kristin joined in.

They knew how hard this must be for the younger. And they knew that he needed them to be there for him. So they were there for him.

No one spoke for the next ten minutes. Will didn't let go of Tommy for even a second. He kept on holding him tight, whispering calming things in his ear.
"It's alright.. shh.."

When Tommy's tears finally dried out he looked up at Will and caught his eye. The brown eyes were filled with hurt and sadness to the brim. Tommy's blue ones weren't looking better, bloodshot and puffy, laced with betrayal and grief.

"You get settled, okay? Dinner is ready in 30 minutes." Kristin rubbed Tommy's back lovingly and went to the kitchen with her husband.

Tommy just stared after them and said nothing. He took off his jacket and shoes in silence and followed Will to the spare room they usually slept in.

"It's looking rather messy, I didn't bother making the bed this morning, sorry," Will said with a small laugh, trying to lighten the mood a little.

Tommy didn't notice though, he just sat on the bed and pulled out his plushie from his bag. Will saw the blue eyes fill up with tears once more and immediately went to the younger's side to comfort him.

"It's okay, Tommy.. be strong."

Tommy looked up at his best friend with tears running down his cheeks and said,

"I don't know if I can be strong anymore.."