That one girl - pt 1 (karlnap 🖤)

(About 800 words)

100% my fav one so far
Have some angst for your soul <3

"Karl? Can I talk to you real quick?"

"I'm streaming!"

"It's important."

"Hold on chat, I'll be right back."

Karl muted his mic and walked out the door of his room. There stood Nick, his boyfriend of soon three years, and waited for him.

"Hey, what's up?" Karl said.
"Who's Yasmin?" Nick immediately responded.

"Yasmin? Yasmin who?"
"I don't know, you tell me."
"What do you mean? I don't know a Yasmin."
"You sure?"
"Mhm.."

Nick held up Karl's phone to show a phone contact named Yasmin🤞💎💍💗.

Nick looked at his boyfriend with hurt and anger in his eyes. Karl had no idea who this Yasmin was at all.

Then something clicked.
Oh no.

Oh fucking no..

"Well? Karl who the fuck is this girl?"

"I- it's no one-"

"Yeah right! Karl, are you cheating on me with some random bitch?"

"No! I- I can't tell you who it is. It's private."

"It's private? Since when have you been keeping secrets from me?"

"Nick, it's-"

"It's what? A side chick?"

"No, it's nothing like that! Why should I have a side chick?"

"Maybe you think I'm not enough for you.?" Tears started forming in the corners of Nick's eyes.

"Yes, you are! I swear, you are! I love you." Karl's voice grew desperate.

"No. I don't want to hear your dumb excuses! Tell me the truth, Karl."
In contrast of the tears in his eyes, Nicks voice was calm and firm.

"I-.. I can't. I can't tell you the truth.."

"Then I'm out."

"Wha-what?"

"We promised not to keep secrets from each other, Karl. You've broken that."

He turned around, not allowing the older to see his tears.

"Nick, you can't leave!"

"Watch me."

And with that, Nick went to their bedroom and packed his things. A few minutes later he came back, only to see Karl standing completely still, tears threatening to fall.

"Nick, don't do this to me.. don't do this to us.."

"Have fun with Yasmin. I'm at Clay and George's place if you need me, even though you probably won't."

And so he left Karl standing in the hallway. He left the house and got in his car.

Only when he was halfway down the main road did he realize what he had just done.

As the tears threatened once more, he called his best friend.

"Clay, can I stay over for a couple of days?"

"Yeah, I'm sure George won't mind, why?"

"Oh, you know," he sighed, "had a row, just need some ti- time to-.." The rest of his sentence was drowned in a loud sob as he started crying.

"Oh my god, Nick! Are you driving? Pull to the side!" Clay's voice was concerned.

-

"Chat, I'm going to end stream, byeee!!" Karl said with a happy smile to his viewers and a wave.

As he turned off his setup he went over the conversation with Nick. How he had left. Why he had left.

He didn't ever want to go back to that jeweler again.

The jeweler called Yasmin.

He had been at her shop a couple days earlier, to look for the perfect ring.

The perfect wedding ring.

As he went to the bedroom and sat down on the bed, the tears finally fell.

He just sat there, crying and sobbing like he had just lost his best friend. Except he hadn't.

He had just lost the love of his life.

Only because of a secret that he would've been more than happy to tell him, if it hasn't been so god damn important.

He should've never called the contact that name. He should've just called it Jeweler 💎 or something like that.

It wasn't until three hours later, that he stood up and found his phone.

He texted Yasmin.

Plans canceled. I don't need the ring anymore. Give it to someone else who actually needs it.

She immediately texted back with concern.

Oh no! What happened? Are you and your boyfriend okay?

No. No we're not. I don't really want to talk about it. Just, screw this.

He threw his phone to the floor and yelled at himself.

"How could you let this happen?! You ruined everything.."

And so he sat against the bedroom wall, crying once more. He was mad. But this time it wasn't at Nick.

It was at himself.

He was so fucking mad at himself for ever letting something like that happen.

He didn't even notice the hours passing by, until the phone on the floor started ringing.

George :]
Calling...

He pressed the green button to pick up the call and was met with the sound of George's comforting heavily accented voice.

"Karl, are you okay? Shall I come over?"

"Ye-yeah, that would be nice."

"Okay, I'll be there in twenty minutes."

"Thanks George.."

"No problem man."