*Bonus II* Autumn Dance Circles

This is another bonus scene written after the story was completed... It takes place near the end of the last chapter, when Kat, Gimli and Legolas visited Thranduil. 

Autumn Dance Circles

Breakfasts at Elvenking Thranduil's table were bountiful, with smoked fish and venison, scrambled quail eggs, honey sweetened porridge, fruits, almonds, nuts, herbal tea, and many other things Kat had not yet learned the name of. Like the best kind of hotel breakfast when on vacation in an exotic country.

Yet, this morning she found she was getting a bit tired of the extravagance. After their long journey she was longing to go home – not home to her apartment in the damp western Swedish city where she grew up, but to the new home she would build with her husband in Ithilien. She yearned for the little things; doing mundane tasks together like cooking, cleaning, perhaps tending to their potted trees or whatever home decorations Legolas favored.

She sighed.

Ever sensitive to her emotions, Legolas sent a worried thought: Anything wrong?

Just a bit tired of always being in company. I want to be alone with you. Their mental communication had improved steadily since their wedding and was now almost back to how it was when she was a cat.

And do what? His lips quirked mischievously, making the cute dimples appear.

Get you out of those clothes, for starters. She gave him a smoldering look.

He grinned wider. But I just dressed. It would save time to do it with clothes on.

Naughty. I love it.

"Are you even listening?" Thranduil had raised his voice, a hint of annoyance showing on his fair face.

Kat and Legolas guiltily tore their gazes apart.

"Uh, pardon me, Adar. Would you mind repeating that?"

"As I was saying, I have ordered another set of clothes for you to wear in the Autumn Feast, so I need you at the seamstresses' for measurements today."

"Autumn Feast? That is weeks from now. We had planned to leave before then."

"Aye," Gimli agreed, wiping porridge from his beard. "I have promised King Elessar to help repair his city gate before winter."

"But it is the highlight of the season." Thranduil looked disappointed. "I had much desired to introduce you to the customs of our people. It is really the most lovely festival, with a bounty of food and the best wines, and dancing under the stars all night." He turned to Kat. "Do you like to dance?"

She couldn't help but smile. Her father-in-law reminded her of her husband, though where the latter adored trees the former was more of a party fixer. "I do, yes." Mentally, she added to Legolas: Maybe we can stay for the feast... One last thing before we go home?