future of lovesick mafias

Hello everyone! I'll get straight to the point in stead of beating around the bushes.

It's been like half an year or so since I've last updated this. Honestly, I've tried writing the next chapter a lot of times, but it didn't work at all and I couldn't bring myself to write properly again. The flow was lost and somewhere along the way, I lost my motivation to write this fic. So forcing myself to write this story was just making it worse and it didn't turn out well. I know you guys don't deserve those half assed updates from me after months.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not sure when I'll be able to update this story again. I'm on a vacation currently but it's gonna end on 12 January. So I'm left with only two options.

•Either I put this story on hold (hiatus) for the time being, come back after a year or two to finish it (tho not sure), or—

•I summarize the plot of this sequel and tell you what I was originally planning to do in this story. Basically I'll spoil you the plot of this entire sequel.

I completely understand if you're angry, mad, frustrated, or—anything with this decision of mine. I would be too if I were you. As an avid reader of various kinds of fictions, I would be honestly sad if one of the story I was looking forward to for a long time was suddenly discontinued by the author.

I hadn't logged back into this account for a long time, because I was disappointed at myself for not being able to update for so long. I didn't want to look at all of my unfinished stories and feel all more disappointed. I had so many plans with all these fics, so many things in my mind. But life happened, things happened and somehow I lost motivation in the way.

Times spent in this account, in this story, had been one of my most treasured moments in my life. I started this story back in 2021 during the corona, and I remember reading your comments, theories and how it made my day everyday. This is not the happiest story out there, in fact an immensely toxic one. Yet you guys never called me out for it and accepted everything as only fiction. I love how mature you guys had been throughout this entire journey. I appreciate all of your love and support, all the votes and comments, all the supportive messages.

I wish I could continue it. I do plan to continue it someday, but not sure when (maybe when seventeen turns seventy TT)

Joking aside, I hope you guys understand my situation and respect my decision. Please remember, I don't owe you guys anything. This is a free site. While I appreciate you guys looking out for me and asking me how I'm doing, some of you are definitely not nice while demanding updates from me. Some of you just blatantly demand me to update the next chapter, as though I owe you something :)) I can assure you it just makes the writer all more demotivated to update it (reverse psychology)

Anyways, I hope all of you're safe and healthy. Keep loving SEVENTEEN and do let me know whether I should write the summary of this sequel for you guys in 3k-4k words or not, so you won't have to spend a decade waiting for this complicated author to come back and finally finish this story.