XXX.

Kiyah
"Kiy Kiy are you okay?" He says as I sit up.

"Yeah." I say as I hold my head.

He helps me over to the couch and brings me a glass of water.

"What's the last thing you remember?" He asks while looking at me with concern.

"I teleported to the wolf house or at least I thought I did." I say while my head still feels like it's swimming.

"You passed out before you could even enter the portal." He says.

I get up and sure enough it's still there waiting on me to enter it.

At this point should I even go? I can't let anyone keep me from what I'm trying to do.

"Alright I'll see you later or I might see you in the battle." I say while walking to the portal.

"For sure." He says.

I gaze in the portal and see the wolf pack carrying weapons around the house. I go through the portal and just as before they stop to mutter among themselves.

"The Pack Princess has returned."

My father holds his arms out and I don't hesitate to run into them. He sets me down and we walk into his office.

"Wow my baby girl has grown since the last time I saw her."

He closes the door and my face hurts from me smiling so much.

"So how's it been?" I ask.

"Well it's going as the best that it can when it comes down to preparing for battle." He says while sitting in his chair.

"I heard that." I say while leaning back in my chair.

"Kiki there is this aura around you and this energy emitting from you that I can't seem to place. I feel it." He says while analyzing me.

I rub my arms and avoid eye contact.

"Dad...I'm growing into who I'm suppose to be."

"Another thing why is there a heavy male wolf smell coming from you?" He stands up and strides across the room in big steps.

"He's my trainer." I say while trying to avoid the searing stare from my dad.

"You could have came back with Jade and gotten more training here on these grounds where I can protect you and train you personally." He says while looking along my neckline.

"Before you ask no he didn't mark me." I say while rolling my eyes.

My dad growled at the word mark but he mostly kept his cool.

"Don't ever block me again with our mind link. I need to be able to connect with you."

"Yeah I got it dad."

"I'm serious. I thought something happened to you and it reminded me of the night of your mother's calamity."

My stomach drops and I understand where he's coming from. He must have a sixth sense for death. I know I've come close to it a few times.

"How...?" Is the only word I can muster.

"I have a gift I was born with that allows me to sense when death is near and I get a pain right here if it's someone close to me. Your mother's tragedy was a different type of pain." He says while his eyes sadden.

The cost of being a leader. I can't imagine how many deaths he's felt in his lifetime, but I can only imagine how many time he'll sense it tomorrow.

"Your gift. Is that how you became alpha?" I ask while being intrigued on what he was going to say.

"Part of it yes. A few pups out of the pack will receive gifts. Those gifts if trained and harnessed correctly will move the ranking of the pack member. Also depending on who you're parents are as well can rank you a little higher. It's all in what you make it." He says.

"You must have more gifts and skills I don't know about." I say out loud but I meant for that to be a thought within myself. I truly don't know all that there is to know about my dad. I sigh and I think dad catches onto my declining mood.

"Hey you learn something new everyday and I'll be glad to tell you my life story when this is all over." He says giving me a reassuring smile and he sits back in his chair.

"I'll hold you to that." I say while giving him a small smile back.

I wish I had both of my parents, but since I have him I want to know everything he knows. Who knows where my path will lead me and I want him with me every step of the way.

"Now this male wolf that's been training you..." he starts to say and I can't help the grin that spreads across my face.

"Yes." I say while watching his reaction.

"What pack is he from?" He asks while leaning forward and placing his elbows onto his desk.

"Well I'm not sure." I admit.

"Do you know where he's from?" He asks.

"I wanna say from around these parts but I'm not 100 percent sure exactly." I say as my heart begins to race.

"Do you at least know his name Kiyah?" He says as he massages his temples.

"No." I say. I'm not going to lie but I wanna kick my own butt for not knowing anything about him.

"You don't even know if someone sent him or his intentions." He says while giving a disapproving look.

"Well he did say he was assigned at birth to protect me to ensure the prophecy is fulfilled." I say while nodding to myself for being able to recall an important detail.

"You can't trust anyone especially people you barely know." He says as he warms up ready to give me another long lecture.

One things for sure and two things for certain he's my mate. My heart flutters at the thought of it. I'll have plenty of time to get to know him when we win this and that is final.