X.

Kiyah
"So how are we about to play this?"

"Remember that duplicating spell?"

"Yeah but keep in mind that he is a werewolf. I got it! We would have to make our duplicates have our scents."

"I can help with that."

"Hi thanks so much."

"Who...?"

"This is Ivorie she is a dryad."

"Hello."

"Hi."

"I can help you but the scent will fade. When it fades hopefully you will be far away to start your quest."

"Okay and Jade get ready to blink."

I give Ivorie a firm nod and we blink across states until we can't blink anymore.

"Where are we?"

"I stopped keeping track after we left Alabama."

I tap my hairpin and a hologram version of grandma appears.

"Where do we need to go?"

"Where it all started for the race of witches."

With that being said she disappears.

"So Salem?"

"Salem it is. I don't know about you but I'm tired."

"Me too."

"We need to figure out where we are first so I can see if we need to put some more distance between us and the pack."

"Well we can't figure it out if we keep standing here."

Jade
Slowly but surely we begin walking until we come to a gas station. We both walk in and pick up a few snacks.

"Excuse me. Can you tell us what state we are in?"

"Wyoming."

"Thank you."

Kiyah grabs the snacks and we walk out of the store.

"We're not that far from Oregon and I don't want to stay in this state."

"Kiyah it would only be for a night."

"Kaleah hasn't had a chance to run in a while and I need to run tonight."

"So what's stopping you?"

"We're in a small town. I'm pretty sure they know their woods like the back of their hands and I don't know if we have territory in Wyoming."

"Your dad would hunt anyone or anything down if anything happened to you."

"I think we've put enough distance between us and the pack. We might have even thrown them off our trail. I guess one night couldn't hurt."

We keep walking and then we come to a cabin with a strange symbol carved into the wood. I run my fingers over it and feel the magic emitting from it. Kiyah has her nose buried in a book. I patiently wait on her to finish reading and she traces the symbol.

"This is a safe haven for us."

Before I can turn the knob the door swings opens and once we walk in it slams shut.

"At least it looks nice."

"I'm going for a run."

"Hold up so why are we splitting up?"

"You can come with me Kaleah is getting restless."

"I'll place a concealment and protection spell over this cabin before we leave."

After I do the spell Kiyah runs towards the edge of the woods and shifts into her werewolf form. I change into my bat form and try to keep up with my best friend. She starts trotting and comes to a complete stop while her ears are perked up.

'What is it?'

'Look ahead and you tell me.'

There's a circle of hooded people with black smoke swirling in the middle of them while chanting an old language. The smoke starts to clear away to reveal an old woman with smooth skin and with hybrid hair of raven black and gray. She keeps eye contact with the one in front of her and opens her mouth. The black smoke seeps out of her mouth.

"Is everything going to plan?"

"Yes your excellency."

"If not you will personally be another soul to my collection."

The one in front of her cowers in fear.

"If you don't mind me asking your majesty how many more nights of rituals do we have?"

Her body turns and the black smoke surrounds the one who spoke. The hooded one is then suspended in the air while being brought closer to the one in the center.

"Until I have gathered enough strength to do my bidding."

The one that spoke is then slung against the nearest object.

"Anymore questions that need to be answered? Anyone? You how about you? No? Are you sure I can muster enough strength to throw five more of you? I didn't think so! Let this be a lesson to never question your task."

Kiyah moves away quietly as possible and I linger for a few moments longer.

Kiyah
I catch the scent of that mysterious wolf and I follow it until I come into this pond. Across from me is the werewolf with the tan reddish coat and I walk up to the werewolf.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

"Who I am isn't important. I want your quest to be a successful and the true question is are you willing to do whatever it takes to finish the quest?"

"If it comes to it then yes."

"Very well then consider me a powerful ally."

"Wait how can I call if we by chance need help?"

"We now have a mind-link. Go ahead and test it out."

'Hello.'

'See.'

With that he leaves me by myself and I look at my reflection in the pond. So I basically have a contact without a name saved to it.

'Jade I'm going back to the cabin.'

'Okay I'll meet you there.'

On the walk home I make sure my best friend is safe by checking in on her.

'Where are you at?'

'I'm at the cabin.'

'Here I come.'

I look around and then shift back into my human form. When I walk into the cabin I see Jade sketching on a piece of paper. Instead of interrupting her I tap my amulet and I begin reading. I stop when I come across the symbol that was under the hooded figures and the book doesn't go into too much detail about dark magic.