III.

Kiyah
I've searched every single inch of the library and still can't find it. I carefully pick up a chair and I start feeling across the top of the bookshelf. My grandmother couldn't pick a better time than now to walk in.

"Kiyah what on Earth are you doing up there?"

"I couldn't sleep and I was looking for the book I was reading earlier."

I take in her appearance of a black outfit that looks as if it were made from another past century.

"Aww Kiyah you're already tired come here."

When I hug my grandmother I instantly yawn while my limbs feel like they're weighing me down. I try to keep my eyes open but the more I fight the faster they close.

"I'll see you in the morning KiKi."

That's the last thing I remember before sleep overtakes me. When I wake up I groggily sit up and attempt to differentiate if last night was a dream or reality. Grandma knocks and enters my room.

"Morning Kiki it's time for breakfast."

She didn't mention anything, but that doesn't mean anything. If anyone can hold a secret she can. I roll out of bed and wash up before breakfast. When I come down there's mouthwatering pancakes as well as other tasty breakfast foods.

I begin feasting on everything in sight and Jade is too. Grandma just watches us while eating her fresh berries from her garden. Grandpa drinks his morning coffee while reading the newspaper. Once my appetite is gone I wipe my mouth after I finish chewing.

"So Jade and I were wondering if you'll let us go to a party tonight."

"Yeah it'll only be a private affair. Not that many people."

"Absolutely not."

"Blanche I think it's about time the girls have fun. They've done well on their studies and I'm sure they will make smart decisions."

"We will thank you grandpa."

We both kiss his cheek and run down the hall before Grandma can name off some rules.

Blanche
After the girls leave the room I place a spell over it.

"Arthur you had no right to underhand me like that with my grandchildren!"

"No our grandchildren! I hate that I didn't get the chance to tell Kiarah that I am her father and raise her! You rob me of that but you're not going to stop me from raising my grandchildren!"

My anger dissipates and transitions into the feeling of regret. I always knew he was the father of our daughter but I wanted to show that I could raise a child without the father being involved in it. Reflecting on the past I see that was a bad choice made on my part that affected two lives. I pull Arthur into my embrace and begin running my fingers through his hair.

"I'm sorry I was selfish and if I could turn back the hands of time I would just to fix my transgressions."

Jade
I already know it's about to be popping tonight. Everybody who's anybody is going to be at this party. I've been seeing the flyers all over my social media for the past two weeks. I take Kiyah along with me to get a few outfits and by the time we're finished we have lots of bags weighing down our arms.

"Jade we probably broke the bank with all this spending we've been doing."

"Kiyah I doubt it and besides it's for a good cause."

"Facts."

When night falls we both leave the house and go right to the party in my car. We stay together for the most part until I look to my right and Kiyah's out of my sight. The music is loudly banging against the speakers so she could've told me she was going to the bathroom or something. A strange college guy comes right up to me and I'm enchanted by his crimson eyes. One blink later his eyes are back to a black color.

"Want to play a game?"

"Actually I was looking for my best friend."

"I'm sure she'll be fine. Look she's the life of the party."

When I look to where he's pointing I see Kiyah in the middle of a group of guys laugh at something one of them said. When I turn back around he's a few feet away beckoning for me to follow him. I take one look back at Kiyah before I follow him. It only takes me a split second to realize that he's luring me away from the party. I start running back and it's too late. He eyes turn back into the crimson color and he sinks his fangs into my neck.

I can start feeling some color drain from my face before I push him off of me sending him through the brick wall. I look down at my hands and back at the wall in disbelief.

"How did I manage to do that?"

Kiyah
In the mist of the laughter and drinking I feel a faint buzzing in the back of my head. When I try to get up I stumble and land in the nearest guy's lap. I can't even function and the guy who's lap I fell on is starting to take me into the house. He opens the door to the nearest bathroom and sits me onto the tub.

"Open up for me beautiful."

I fall back into the tub curl up into the tub and attempt to hold my arm up.

"No...I can't handle anymore."

I groggily try to get up and I smack my lips together. My mouth is drier than sandpaper.

"I knew exactly what you were once you walked over to get a drink. We've been spiking your punch with wolfbane."

"Wolfbane?"

"The only way you can get drunk."

"My head...hurts."

"Since this is you first time it might be a lot harder on you until you build a tolerance to it."

"I just want to sleep."

"And I want to have fun and I might claim you for my enjoyment."

Before I can react he slides beside me trying to force me to drink more of the spiked drink. The buzzing in the background stops and speaks in my mind.

"Hello Kiyah. I'm Kaleah your inner wolf. Seems like you have gotten into immediate danger which has allowed me to overcome the barrier that was holding me back."