16

Corriah Marie

I heard vibrating which caused me to wake from my sleep.

I looked around trying to find what the sound is and my eyes lanes in my phone on the stand.

I reached over and it was my sister calling. Which confused the hell outta me. I do not kick it.

"Corriah" her voice cracked.

"What" I said with my voice laced with annoyance.

"It's momma... she gone"she said full blown crying.

I hung up I can't do this today.

Nobody's pov.

Riah sat up on the bed staring in space not saying anything not crying nothing, just looking blankly at the wall.

It eventually hit her

She got up and ran to the restroom and threw up everything from the night before sobbing.

"What wrong? You okay?" Lonzo hopped up asking.

He came to the toilet and held her hair back.

"She gone, she gone" She cried leaning into him.

He looked down at her confused but chose not to say anything instead held her while she cried.

She removed his arms from around her and went to the room and grabbed their toothbrushes so they could hurry up and go all she wanted was her dad.

They stood in silence and brushed their teeth. She was trying to keep herself together but all she wanted to do was cry.

While she got dressed She felt Zo presence behind her making her stand up and turn around

"So you gone tell me who died?" He questioned looking down at her.

"My mom" she replied keeping it short

"I see youn wanna talk about it, I love you tho and you know I'm here if you ever need it". He said going to his duffel bag.

She nodded not verbally replying.

Corriah Marie

We went and picked korion up from his mom house and we are currently otw to my dads.

"I love you Corriah" he said looking over at me and in my eyes.

"I love you too" I mumbled turning away looking out the window

" look at me ma" he said

I turned and looked back at him.

" I got y'all, Forever. When I call that phone I want an answer. If I text you I expect an answer, I want to know the two most important people in my life is good. I know your mom just passed and you ain't feeling it but don't be no stranger ion got time to be pulling up to yo Pop's shit acting an ass. Understood?" He questioned

I nodded my head which he couldn't see because he was looking at the road.

He reached over a squeezed my thigh "You don't hear me? I said do you understand." He asked in a more stern voice.

"I nodded my head Lonzo, don't do all that" I said softly.

"Okay Corriah" he responded parking in the driveway getting out to get Korion.

I leaned my head back on the seat watching him take Korion in the house.

He came back out a couple minutes later. and opened my door and looked down at me.

"My fault I took so long" he said holding his hand out.

"It's okay" I said taking his hand stepping out.