CH 18: MAKING A DEAL WITH THE PRINCESS OF ALABASTA

Inherited will...

The tide of the times...

People's dreams...

These things cannot be stopped.

As long as people seek the answer of freedom, these things will never cease to be!

"Damn, they're so annoying!"

"Who the hell are they, anyways?!"

Those were the only things Zoro and Luffy were thinking about their opponents. In their defense, no matter how infamous Baroque Works was, all the members they had come across with tonight were too weak. It was pretty hard to take them seriously.

Not to mention that Luffy didn't even know who these guys were. To him, they were two strangers who kept interrupting his duel with Zoro for some reason.

Vivi was the only one who couldn't process the events that just transpired. She would never have imagined in a million years that two little pirates from the East Blue would be able to take down two of Baroque Works' top agents. "It can't be... How could there be guys as strong as them so close to the Grand Line's entrance?"

Now that those pests had been dealt with, the two pirates returned their attention to one another.

"All right, then. Let's settle this."

"Yeah!"

The air around the two distorted as if space itself would crack open at any time. There was no doubt that if things kept going like this, they would continue fighting until they couldn't move any longer.

"URYAAA!!!!" The two men launched toward the other again, one rising his fists and the other rising his katanas. Just as they were about to meet in the middle...

"KNOCK IT OFF!!!"

...they were directly knocked out. And by no other than their navigator Nami who was supposed to be one of the physically weakest members of the crew. Apparently, she was only weak when fighting other people because she could definitely throw a punch.

Nami stood in all her mighty glory over her two crewmates, "Just what the heck are you guys doing?! I guess I should at least be glad that you managed to keep the girl safe! You almost cost me my one billion beri! Do you understand?!"

"O-One million beri?! What are you people talking about?" Vivi finally managed to come out of her stupor only to hear such crazy words.

[Name] sneakily placed her bag of seeds away, "I told you that your bodyguard hired us. That's the price Nami asked for in exchange for saving you. Well, rather than saying he hired us for that amount of money, he sent us to save you first and then make the deal with you since you're the princess."

Vivi could understand what was being said, she just couldn't process it at all, "A deal? One billion? That's..."

Nami held Luffy and Zoro by the collar as she heard the two girls talk. The two idiots could barely move but they still tried to punch and kick one another while still being in Nami's hold. As if she couldn't see them, Nami talked to the princess. "It is exactly as she says. So? Won't you make a contract with me?"

"Contract?"

"SETTLE DOWN ALREADY!!!" Nami couldn't take the two idiots' ridiculous fighting anymore and punched them over the head again. She was even scarier than the two monsters who managed to take down those top agents from Baroque Works.