Juliette has been avoiding getting her flu shot till the inevitable happens

I was sitting on the loveseat beside the tv and white glassed table in me and Aaron's living room. I'm watching some weird romcom that I had forgotten the name of. I've been watching a lot of television lately, mostly to distract my doctor husband, Aaron Warner.

You see, he's a bit overprotective of me because I'm his wife and all. I love that he is pursuing what he loves doing by being a doctor. However the only disadvantage is that being one means he's also my doctor. It's October which is flu season apparently so my boyfriend is cautious of almost everything.

And flu season equals= getting your flu shot. And I've been hoping and praying Aaron doesn't say anything again because a few weeks ago he had jokingly said "it's almost flu season you know what that means?" We'd just laughed then. I didn't think much of it. But I feel like he's going to mention it again soon. Just as the romcom ends, my boyfriend comes around to the loveseat and grabs the remote and turns off the television.

He says, "Hey, love. It's pretty late you want to go to our bed?" I shake my head, "I'm not tired right now." Aaron's brows furrow together, "Are you sure? You look pretty tired to me." I reply, "No. I'm fine. Not tired at all." My husband looks at me with a concerned expression on his face, "Are you-"A moment of panic rushes through me when I realize he might think something is wrong and I quickly retract my words, "I meant- okay- fine yes  I am tired."

The concerned husband smiles at me and then we head to our bedroom. I crawl into our bed and he follows my steps and does the same and plants a kiss on my forehead before then saying, "love, I need to talk to you." I already know what he wants to talk about. I say, "I don't want to talk about it." Aaron starts to say something else to object but then I say, "I'm tired. Please, let's just go to sleep right now."

His face shows me he clearly wants to say more but he doesn't, instead, he nods and says, "If that's what you want, love." His lips meet mine, as he says afterwards,"Goodnight, Juliette, my love. I reply, "Goodnight. I love you, Aaron." Aaron replies back, "I love you too, always remember my heart is yours." He laughs showing his dimples while adding, "Even when you frustrate me. I still love you. I always have." I don't say anything I just bury my face into his chest and drift off to sleep in his warm embrace.

-
When I awake, my brain is confused with my unknown surroundings. I look for my husband, "What's going on where am I?" Aaron comes to my side, "It's okay, love. You're in my office. Take a few deep breaths with me alright?" My head shakes rapidly in response as he wraps his fingers in my on and says, "Breath in." Slowly, I breathe in. "Breathe out," my husband says. I breathe out. Then I start to freak out again, "Aaron.... Why am I here? We are supposed to be sleeping in our bed right now not at your office- it makes me scared of-"Aaron tilts his head to the side a bit and gives me a curious yet non- judgmental glance, " what is it, love?" "What scares you?" he questions me. I exclaim, "It makes me scared of you because I know you are my husband. And I know you care for me deeply but your profession makes me scared of you a lot. That's why I've been avoiding talk to you about the flu shot. I don't think you'd hurt me on purpose but I don't know- Please don't be mad at me." I stop myself when I feel his warm breath against my face as he whispers words of encouragement in my ear, "Hey. It's okay. You are my beautiful kind wife that I love with all of my heart. You are one of the bravest people I've ever met, sweetheart. Also I could never be mad at you for being scared of my profession. It may sting a bit but I will never be mad at you for that, love. And You are correct. You should know that I'd never hurt you intentionally. Never. I swear to you, Juliette." He says, "I'll be honest with you. I carried you here because you were concerning me just a little bit earlier tonight." My husband continues saying, "However, even if you are scared of my profession, love, the only way to overcome your fear is for you to trust me. Do you understand?" "Yeah." Aaron says, rolling up his sleeves, leaning against the counter, "I tell you what. If you'd like I'll let you give you my flu shot first before  I do yours. So you'll be more comfortable maybe. Deal?" I nod, " I guess." Aaron says, "I'll prepare them for you and me then."  I watch him prepare them and when he's done he says, "Alright. You ready? I'll go first." I shake my head, "Okay." Without hesitation, my husband climbs on the exam bed and shows me exactly how to do it and where to do it. When he's done I give him a bandage and put the needle to the side of the table. Aaron jumps down from the bed, "Your turn, love. Please climb on the bed." Obediently, I climb on the bed. I let him wipe my arm with the cotton ball. I inhale sharply when the antiseptic wipe rubs against my skin. Aaron immediately stops and jump on the exam bed with me and rubs my leg reassuringly, "Just a little pinch, okay? Look at me." My gaze falls to the shot in his hand. My husband gently tilts my chin up, "Don't look at the needle, love. Look at my eyes." I look at his eyes, my arm squirming, Aaron says, "Relax your arm, baby." I nod and try to turn my attention on his emerald green glimmering eyes and relax my arm. Next thing I know I feel a sharp ache and then he's done. His fingers brush against arm as he puts a bandage on my arm. Aaron Warner gives me a wide smile and kisses me on my lips and then says aloud, "I'm very proud of you, Juliette. You are extraordinary. I love you. Thank you for trusting me." Then, I say, " I will always trust you now. Thank you for never breaking your promises, Aaron. I love you too." Then we head back home.