James, Aaron and Juliette's son, hurts himself running. Part two

Aaron's Pov
I'm so unbelievably proud of my son, James Warner for being so brave because I know the situation makes him feel vulnerable but the fact he has been so brave and let me support him is so beyond amazing to me. I just helped him sit up in his bed and he had just told me he wanted my wife, Juliette, his mom, to see him. I was just sitting with my son and I have the sudden feeling I forgot something. I ask my son, "James? Did I forget to do something?" My son looks up at me and reluctantly shakes his head signifying no. I can tell that he knows what it is. His whole demeanor has changed, he looks highly uncomfortable. I take a seat at the foot of my son's bed and ask again, more firmly,"Jameson. I know we had a great conversation earlier but it seems to me like you need to be reminded that things do have consequences." James swallows then shakes his head and says, "No, sir." I soften a little and scoots closer, rubbing his shoulder, not wanting to scare him, "You know I just remind you these things because I love you right? And I want what's best for you." James answers," Yeah I know." I notice my son has his hands in his hoodie pocket. Suddenly, i remember. I instruct my son, "Show me your hands, son." James says, "Why? My-my hands are fine." I give him the knowing signature father look, "James, I wasn't born yesterday. That's obviously what you are hiding." James grumbles,"You don't have to see it, dad. It probably isn't even that bad-" I interrupt him, my protective father instincts kicking in,"I'll be the judge of that. Now, please be a big boy and show me your hand. I won't hurt you, just let me see it." My son rolls his eyes up to the ceiling and mutters something about me,  I give him a disapproving glance," James Warner. Don't make me give you a spanking. You're never to old for one even if you have had one in a few years." James groans, "Dad" He corrects this shortly after and splatters," Please don't. I won't roll my eyes anymore, Dad." I sigh at my oldest child, "I won't punish you this time for your disrespectful attitude but remember next time got it? Now let me see that palm of yours." James places his right palm in my hand and I examine the injury. It is a pretty nice cut across his palm with some dried blood. I furrow my brows together, thinking of what to say, not wanting to alarm my son but wanting him to know what his actions could've caused," Okay, James. Your palm I can fix easily. But let me tell you this for future reference: don't wait until it's too late to tell me. That can make your injury much worse. Luckily it isn't too too bad so I can fix it without stitches or anything." I flip over my sons hand, ordering him to bend his hand into a fist." I gently touch his knuckles, "Yeah your knuckles are a little bruised as well. You should've  reminded me, sweetheart. I don't really know why you were so scared to if I already did your legs and ankle but it's okay now. Just let me see your other hand." He shows me that one. His palm is good in that one but I need to put some ice on both of his knuckles later too and maybe a few bandaids. I position my sons hand where I can apply the cream and wrap his hand. I wrap it carefully and not to tightly. After this I take a bandaid and wrap some around James's fingers. He adverts his eyes away from my careful gentle wrapping. His leg taps against his bed. With my other hand, I put my hand on his knee softly to stop his leg from bouncing, "You're okay. I'm almost done. I know you're uncomfortable. One last one then I'll be done." I apply the bandaid. I go to get him some ice," All done. Now I'll go get your mom for you if you want." James says yes thank you dad. Before walking out the door to retrieve my wife and his mom, I smile at my son who was growing up so fast, "You're welcome, James. Remember I'm always here for you, my sweet baby boy." He smiles back, "I know, Daddy. Thank you for taking care of me."
-