Chapter 59

When the elevator door opened, she immediately stormed right up to her father's apartment, knocking it with a strong sense of determination.

As soon as the door opened, "Lucy?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Lucy, why didn't you call before coming? I told you to make an appointment before visiting."

"This is an emergency."

"An emergency without a phone call?"

"Dad, I'm serious."

"Lucy, you're supposed to refer to me as Sir."

"DAD!"

The loud shout was so powerful that it shook him briefly. That was when he noticed the serious expression on her face. "Come inside." Entering his apartment, Lucy was welcomed to a disarray of clothes and paperwork strewn about the environment. "I haven't had the chance to unpack yet as I have some paperwork to do, but I'll give you a moment of my time." He took his seat on the couch and signaled for her to do the same, yet she remained standing firmly. "So, you have something to tell me."

She stared at his eyes, so cold and distant, but with eagerness peering through. "Dad, I really want to talk to you."

"Yes, do tell me. I'm all ears."

"I want to move in with you."

Her father sighed. "Finally. It's about time you said that."

"Do you mean it?" Lucy said with relief. "Is that all I had to do was just ask?"

"Of course."

He got up to his feet and she could not help herself as she started walking towards him. She raised her arms to embrace her father only to be passed by as he went to a drawer and pulled out a few sheets of paper. "Sign this," he said as he handed them to her.

Upon grabbing the sheets, the header caught her attention. "Partnership agreement?"

"It's all legal matters, things you don't know yet but don't worry, you eventually will."

"Is this why you are excited? Business?"

"Of course. Lucy, I have nothing against your mother, but I believe she's a bad influence. I know it comes as a shock, but there's a reason why we are in the middle of a divorce. Now that you have finally realized who she truly is, I'd like to formally welcome you to the company. Don't worry about the custody situation. I'll deal with that personally."

"No."

"No? But you just said you wanted to live here."

"Not that. Dad, I didn't come here to agree to be your employee."

"What employee? You're being a partner. You're owning a portion of the company."

"No, dad. I didn't come here to be your business partner, I came here to be your daughter."

"You already are my daughter."

"Am I? Because I don't feel like your daughter. I feel more like a stranger when I come here."

"Don't say such crazy things. Who has given you such an idea?"

"This is your doing, Dad. When was the last time we did anything together?"

"What are you on about?"

Lucy shook her head, "And Johan wanted me to talk to you seriously? You're impossible to talk to unless it's about money."

"I'm asking you again, what are you talking about?"

"Dad, I want to have a real father-daughter relationship because all my life, I feel like I'm nothing to you or Mom or anyone else in our family."