Part 21: Reconnections

Summary: Where were we? Oh, getting ready to go to Wakanda and resurrect Vision. It's Halloween day, and we'll be reconnecting with all sorts of people, but will Bruce and Natasha make it back to the party? Will Blonski show up? Will Nat and Bruce be able to keep their little secret much longer? You never know who might turn up between the lawn and Shuri's lab.

Notes: Happy Halloween! Did you miss me? I missed you guys!

Covid and many other things happened, including some very rude trolls leaving "comments" on various platforms. How naughty of them. I hope they feel better and grow wiser. This work is clearly labled a "fix-it fic," so if you don't think the MCU gave Natasha or Bruce or Hulk a raw deal, just run along. You had your movie. This isn't the story for you. Life is too short to be bitter.

On a much brighter note, thanks to those of you who left encouragement and thoughtful questions over the last couple of years. It's stoked my determination to get this story done and give our characters a better path than the MCU left them to follow. This is their soft landing. This story is about making the lemonade and enjoying it with some friends we weren't ready to say good-bye to just yet.

My thanks to Autumn_Frost who has had a rough time health-wise, and she still did a last-minute read through. She keeps me spelling names right and reminds me where the imporant things should happen. Always listen to a redhead.

Body & Soul: The Endgame Fix

Part 21: Reconnections

As soon as they stepped through Wanda's fiery portal onto the driveway in front of the house, the security alarms were already sounding, but they immediately died as Bruce touched his glasses at the temple and spoke, "Friday, we're all still friendly here."

"Sorry, Dr. Banner. We weren't expecting Ms. Maximov and an Asgardian," the Interface explained. "Should I tell Ms. Cassar to set two more places for lunch?"

"No, we can't stay long, but I need to talk to Vella," he said.

"She's in the back garden and heading your way, Doctor."

"Thanks. Tell her all is fine. We'll wait for her here." Bruce looked at Natasha. "Do I detect some new parameters for the security system?"

"Um, did I forget to mention that?" Nat admitted with a guilty smile. She'd made up her mind when Clint infiltrated the property undetected that the whole system was going to get a full evaluation and upgrade ASAP. She was going to figure out how to deal with magical portals, too, but that would take some time. All she'd managed so far amounted to tweaking in the spare moments when Bruce was busy; obviously, Friday had stepped up her own game quicker than Natasha had anticipated when she modified the Interface's protocols.

Medryth and Wanda looked around at the Halloween decorations in the yard and on the porch. An exceptionally large, inflated dragon had appeared since Nat and Bruce had left that morning. "I see Banner Manor is looking very festive," Wanda noted, smiling in spite of her anxieties. "Sorry to be pulling you two away from this."

"It's all right, Wanda. You and Vis have waited long enough," Nat reassured her.

"Thank you. You coming with us does mean a great deal to me. How long will you need to get your things together?" Wanda asked them.

"Maybe 15 or 20 minutes," Bruce said.

Hearing his human's voice, Sirius appeared bounding around the side of the house with Vella just behind him. She looked very concerned, and Natasha noted the woman's right hand was reaching for the small of her back. "It's okay," Bruce assured her, and his assistant slowed down and relaxed as she arrived in front of them, garden-gloved hands casually at her sides. Sirius circled the group then posted himself next to Natasha.