Festival Starts

Velzard Pov

2 days after Masayuki and his party left and practically declared war on me the festival has officially started with the first people arriving being nobles from all different countries. They were all boring and none of them particularly strong with a few A ranking guards with them, quite a few also were looking at me lustfully but shion and diablo's glare scared them and them left instantly without even greeting their host such rude people I must say. as I was starting to get bored a familiar face appeared.

"You sure look bored lady Velzard" greeted gazel

"Ah king gazel it has been awhile, these guys are all too boring, none of them are strong or interesting" replies Velzard

"Haha. Well that is the life for the strong and wise unfortunately" gazel says in agreement
"Anyway you saved me a special seat right!"

"Eh why would I do that?" Velzard replies

"Hahaha that's just like you, anyways have a fun time" he says as he walks away

I suppose I should start the banquet now that people have settled down, we have prepared this feast perfectly and so I shall try my best to make this speech good.

"I will start of with saying it is my pleasure to welcome you all here today, as you may know my name is the demon lord Rimuru, I would like today to be free from serious topics and instead direct you towards our nations dishes to which I hope you will enjoy, long speeches aren't really my strong point so I apologise for keeping it short, and let the party begin!" Velzard announces and the food servers all come in and server the food in a polite manner and full of sincerity.

Each table was assigned waiters and were strictly by vesta. Everything had been laid out perfectly pitting to show their intense education.

I called for a toast and finished my greetings

The eve of the festival had been put to motion

Gasps of awe washed through the crowds as they tasted their beer as they had only poorly carbonated beer when tempest beer was top quality even for earth's standards. The waiters were all elven ladies and no I didn't force them they had all voluntarily signed up however this was another success, beautiful elven ladies roaming around serving alcohol and the way the elves greeted them made all of the men wether they were drunk or not turn red.

Men are always like this now that I think about it.. back when I was a man I had an elf fettish didn't I..  oh how laughable I was back then, I even thought creating a country between monsters and humans was an easy feat...

The extravagant dishes were prepared by both shuna and yoshida who I'd say are the 2 finest chefs in the Cardinal world, we also managed to prepare a sherbet made with an assortment of fruits as refreshments, even going so far as to re create like the black tiger meat and more from walpurgis banquet. Although we had a hard time looking for monsters we could use as ingredients we some how managed in 2 days using the information we had.

I'd say we managed to satisfy the nobles and aristocrats who were use to high end foods.

That wasn't all..

Off to the side you could see one of the large fishes i had accidently fished up being carted in. If I remeber correctly from the past it had an amazing flavour so I decided to bring it in.

Hakurou was left in charge of cutting it up to be served, we decided to make it a show as Hakurou's cutting abilities are not to be underestimated. His kitchen knife which was hand crafted by kurobe one of the 2 finest blacksmiths in tempest flew from one side to another cutting with precision no other could recreate avoiding the hard exoskeleton amor while the fish was being cut into a beautiful display of artistic skill which even shuna was astonished with.