Chapter 24

Just a little, random update :)
I still need help with writing!! For more information read my last author's note chapter!

Vote and comment!

TW: smut!

-

Time jump to November 18th

"Hi Lou" Harry greeted with a peck as soon as Louis entered the car. He just got Louis from uni and now they were driving home.

"Hey Haz, how was your day?" Louis asked as he put the seatbelt on.

"Uh, f-fine, stressful." Harry said and Louis could tell something is off.

He let it go and didn't say anything. It was an awkward silence. Something unusual because between the two, it was never awkward.

A few minutes later, Louis couldn't take it anymore and broke the silence.

"What's up? Why are you so awkward?" He asked.

"Huh? Me? I'm fine haha" harry said, fidgeting with his fingers, looking at the road in front of him.

"Harry." Louis said sternly with raised brows.

"Uh. We need to talk when we get home." Harry said, making Louis nervous.

Was something wrong? Did he do something wrong? 'We need to talk' is never good..

"Nothing bad, Lou... it's just something I got to know today.." Harry said, almost as reading his thoughts.

"Ok.." Louis mumbled unsure and rested his head in his hands for the rest of the short ride.

As soon as they arrived, Harry pulled Louis to his bedroom and closed the door.

He silently sat down on the bed and motioned for Louis to do the same.

For about five minutes nobody spoke. The house was silent. Nobody else was home. Niam was out on a double date with Zayn and Perrie.

"So uh.. one direction needs to fly out for a few days to make some interviews and to promote the new album and tour. Over Christmas." Harry broke the silence.

"...what? But it's my birthday then..." Louis said sadly. It was only the second birthday without his mom. The first where he would celebrate again. Last year, they didn't do anything, not even on Christmas. The wound was too fresh and deep.

"No Louis stop. I know. And I wanted to ask if you would like to come with us?" Harry asked.

Louis didn't say anything and just looked down.

He really didn't want to leave his family alone. They planed on celebrating his birthday and Christmas together. But he honestly didn't think he could do it.

Not with the whole family sad.

He wasn't even sure if he wanted to see them on the death anniversary. He just wanted Harry to hold and distract him.

"Lou?" Harry broke his train of thoughts.

He hesitantly lifted his chin and made Louis look at him.

"Are you ok? I'm sorry, I'll just stay here with you. I didn't think about it. I'm sorry." Harry rambled.

"No stop it Haz. I'll come with you. Don't cancel anything." Louis said and lifted the corners of his mouth in a small smile.

"Wait, really?" Harry grinned brightly.

"Yes. I can't be home then. Not alone. And I can't go back to my family because the topic would be extremely prominent and I can't handle that." Louis explained.