Chapter 29

Xan flew us over the palace then down to a small balcony. He didn't say anything during our short flight except, "I passed through a rain cloud this morning. No need to bathe."

Thank God – and the gargoyles' gods - for that. I was burning so hot that I would have had him even with the signs of battle still on him.

Relief flooded me when the balcony we landed on turned out to be that of his bedchamber. It was ironic how a day ago I had wanted so desperately to get to this same balcony so as to escape. And now Xan couldn't bring me into the bedroom fast enough.

The second we were inside, I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms, around his neck. His mouth attacked mine. Kissing. Nipping. Tugging. Licking. He was drinking me in, consuming me, tracing the curve of my neck...

I loved it but needed something else. "No foreplay," I managed to say in between my gasps and moans. When he stopped sucking the skin over my pulse and pulled back enough to look into my eyes, I added, "You. Inside me. Now."

His lips stretched into that sexy lop-sided smile of his and he kissed me, long and hard.

"I need that as much as you do, anima," he whispered, "but you are not ready to take me yet. I will not hurt you, ever."

I rubbed myself against his impressive bulge, our loincloths the only obstacle between us.

He groaned at the tease, his hold on my butt and back growing firmer.

Holding my eyes locked with his, I told him, "I'm ready, Xan. I got slick the moment I saw you land in the courtyard." Talk about an easy trigger...

He issued a deep rumble of frustration. "I will taste your honey after. I will not be denied then, anima."

"No, not ever."

His tail patted my thigh. "Turn around for me, little blessing."

I unwrapped my legs from his waist and stepped on the ground long enough to turn my back to him. One of his strong arms immediately wrapped around me and pulled me against him, my back to his chest and abs. His tail made sure my lower body remained flush against his, while his hand slipped under the fishnet to cup a breast.

I gasped. I had not realized the top provided such easy access from below. Now gargoylish fashion made more sense.

While his right hand was playing with my nipple, and his mouth and tongue with my earlobe, the fingers of his left hand were busy loosening the laces that kept my loincloth in place. Integrated panties included.

He had agreed to skip the foreplay but what he was doing now was getting me just as soaked.

With me naked from the waist down, he proceeded to free himself from the offensive clothing separating us. He didn't leave my side, though. His tail slid sensually slow along my left hip, across my abdomen and up between my breasts all the way to my right shoulder, thus keeping our burning skin in constant contact.

I loved that strong, naughty tail.

When his tail went around my waist, one hand on my hip and the other, on my mound, I knew it was time.

Finally! I put my palms on the balcony door to steady myself, I arched my back... and stopped him with a hand on his.

"Take us up, Xan."

I glanced over my shoulder just in time to see his eyes widen in surprise. Then he chuckled.

I blushed.

"Someone has done some reading," he said over my ear, having pulled me back against him. "Curious little blessing." He kissed me, looking at him over my shoulder as I was.