Chapter 30

Our plans for after the tropical rain bath were sabotaged by something none of us had expected.

I fell asleep.

I remembered Xan gently drying me with a towel and carrying my naked form towards the bed. I also remembered resting my head on his shoulder along the way. Then... nothing.

Thankfully, our plans were not ruined but just postponed to dusk. When I was awoken with a kiss on my lips.

My nether lips.

"What the–" I gasped as my clit got flicked.

"Morning, anima." My gargoyle smiled at me from above my mound once I threw the covers aside. "Or should I say, evening?"

I bit my lower lip to stop a moan from escaping at the sensual lick of his tongue. "You... could have... woken me up... first."

"You said you would never deny me the taste of your honey." He flashed me a fang before kissing one inner thigh then the other. His eyes met mine. "And I woke up hungry, anima."

Damn. He always knew the right thing to say to make me melt in his arms.

"Maybe... you should... ask for real food... Xan!" I cried out his name at the end - his lips had latched onto my clit. If he kept going like this, I wasn't going to last long. "Or... do you plan to keep us here... starving until the... feast... tomorrow?" The last word came out with the intonation of a 'Yes!' as his tongue darted inside me.

"The feast is not tomorrow." His hot breath over my throbbing nub made my back arch. "The real feast is right here, right now."

"Oh God!"

From there onward I didn't try to speak anymore, unless it was to call out his name. I knew he liked that. I could tell by the way his tail moved behind him and the way his wings fluttered slightly, partially spread as they were.

But my attempt to please him like that while he was pleasing me, kind of backfired. Just when my climax was within my grasp, his mouth moved away and I was told to call him by his real name.

"Xaniban?" I suggested, my brain already too scrambled to solve riddles.

He blew over my clit punishingly. "My title, anima."

"My king?" I sounded disappointed as I said it. He had seemed a humble man until now, free of the need to have his ego scratched.

He growled in displeasure.

Darn, did we really have to play Guess Who right now?

His eyes bore into mine, accusing me of not remembering the correct answer.

Then it clicked.

Yesterday I wouldn't have called him that. Today I felt ready to do it. And not because I was really desperate to come.

"Animar. My animar." I sounded confident and possessive as I pronounced the title, my gaze meeting his head on.

His arms went under my hips, cupped my ass cheeks and lifted my lower body off the bed. He brought my sex to his lips, as if I were a cup he intended to drink from.

And that was exactly what he did.

This time when I came, I cried out his real name: animar. Mate.

Afterwards, Xan did order actual food, both for himself and me. We had a feast on the chaise lounge, me straddling him. I fed him fruit, meat and cake the way he had fed me mango a day ago: with fingers and lips. I totally enjoyed every second of it.

When we got to the ice cream - a little extra added by Samuin, undoubtedly - Xan overtook the feeding part. The sneaky gargoyle made sure the majority of the spoonfuls were overflowing so there would be ice cream for him to eat, too. Off my chin, neck and breasts.

We needed a bath after that, he said, but what he did to me in the tub required yet another bathing.

When we eventually returned to the bed and he still needed release, I remembered how good it had felt to be straddling him. So I did just that.

As I moved for both of us, I drank him in. Sprawled on his back with his wings outstretched and his soft hair spilled on the sheets, the whole of him a blue perfection against the gold-yellow of the silk sheets.

From this angle he felt as if he were impossibly deep inside me, reaching a part of me that no one else had ever touched. And I knew that no one else ever would.

Missing part of my soul or not, Xan was the one for me. I knew it with the same certainty that I knew the world could never go back to its pre-apocalyptic self. Insane or not, I had fallen for a gargoyle, and in the span of two days at that. And now I couldn't imagine my life without him.

He couldn't stop touching me while I was leading us both to the explosive finale. His hands and tail were everywhere, working miracles on my over-sensitive zones. One hand tweaked a nipple, the other squeezed my ass, and the tip of his tail drew teasing lines down my back. Then both his hands cupped my breasts and his tail playfully slapped my bottom. And then his fingers dug into my hips and his tail pulled me down into an all-consuming kiss... Xan was driving me crazy with a sensual overload.

I reciprocated with a feathery touch of my fingers along his wings as I rode him. He pulsed inside me and his tail lost its grip around my waist, but this time my touch at this erogenous zone did not undo him.

Guess I would have to do a lot more exploring of his body in order to break that iron control of his. Maybe I should try that move on his tail his shameless mother had described in detail? That would be an intriguing start of my little scientific experiment–

Xan shifted underneath me, changing the angle at which our bodies met. My movements faltered as I was hit by even more pleasure than a moment ago. He took over, thrusting upward into me with possessive growls.

I dug my fingers in his pecs and met him thrust for thrust.

The tip of his tail rubbed my clit.

I fell apart, and my release triggered Xan's. He pulled me down onto his chest, his wings closing around us. He shared every shudder that coursed through my body. He held me to him with both arms and tail, as if I were the most precious thing in his world.

I fell asleep to the warmth of his embrace and the strong beat of his heart.