Surprise

We got back from the U.S. treasury at about 2 o'clock, this way we can have some free time before heading out to the hockey game. As I jumped onto my bed, it gave a crinkle. I took a quick peek, and saw that there now was a plastic sheet on it. I asked Mr. McAfee about it, and he told me that the hotel requires that anyone that has the potential of leaking needs a plastic sheet to protect the mattress. Therefore, they placed one on my bed while we were out. Fuming, I left Mr. McAfee room.

After swimming for a bit in the hotel's pool. I put on my white briefs and pajama pants and went to lay on my bed and think. Tired, I set my alarm for a half an hour and closed my eyes. I figured that I don't need to put on a pullup as I had just peed and it's only for a short period of time.

I woke up to some snickering and laughter. "What's going on", I ask? "Is it raining" asked Kevin. "Huh, why", I asked. "Look down", said Leo. I look down and see that my pajama pants are by ankles exposing my wet briefs. WET BRIEFS, my mind suddenly wakes up, and I quickly pull my pants up and cover myself with my blanket. Dejected, I reach into my suitcase and by mistake pull out a pullup. I quickly put it back, as I glance around hoping that no one noticed it. But every eye was on me. Humiliated, I take my SpongeBob underwear and pants, and run to the bathroom.

After I change, I re-enter the room and the questions start coming. "Ryan, why weren't you wearing your pullup"? "Was that your pullup in the bathroom the first night? "Did you get called into Mr. McAfee's room to get a change this morning"? I burst into tears and ran from the room.

I was sitting outside, underneath some trees, for about 5 minutes, when I hear Mark say "there you are". I tell him to leave, but he just sits next to me. "Why do you want to be near me, I'm just a baby", I say. "If wearing pullups makes you a baby, I guess I'm a baby too", he says. He then pulls his pants off, showing me that he was wearing a type of pullup that I didn't recognize. "These are Huggies goodnites, they are made for older kids that have bedwetting issues", says Mark. "I never told you, but I started wetting my bed about two months ago and my mother got me these to wear", he continues. "I never had a chance to tell you, but I've had sleepovers with them and everyone in our room knows that I wear them". "That's why I kept on telling you to just tell everyone". "And we're not the only ones in the room with this issue, it's pretty common". "Come".

I went back with Mark and as we entered the room I hear surprise. I looked and everyone was pantsless. Some were in boxers, others briefs, and three others were wearing some form of protection, including Kevin who was in a baby diaper. "If I'm not the only one who wears protection, why was it a big deal when you found my pullup", I asked? "And where did you place your diapers"? "It's because we wanted you to break out of your shell", said Kevin, "we only spoke in front of you, where only you could hear and no one else". "And", said Leo, "if you would've checked the bedwetting box on your medical papers, you would've been told about the special changing room to place the used diapers".

Smiling, I was happy that I wasn't alone and glad that I had friends who didn't care. When I got home, I proudly told my parents that we were hosting a diapered sleepover this weekend. Because it didn't matter that I wore pullups anymore, no one was going to be making fun of me.