10

I stopped dancing and was gazing around the room to see what happened.
"What happened?" I turned towards Mr Erik and asked.
He did not answer as he was gazing around the room as well.
"Sorry everyone,for the disturbance. The music player stopped working.
The musicians will be here soon!" Isabella announced in a panicked voice.
Everyone was chatting and murmuring.
Erik was still gazing around the room but this time it was a different gaze.
He had a grave expression on his face as if warning someone.
I stayed quiet.
After a short while I heard a sound.
"Did you hear that?" I asked.
"Hear what?" He replied cluelessly.
"Umm, nothing..... maybe my ears are ringing." I replied worriedly as I was sure i heard something.
I heard it again.....But I ignored it this time. It is a voice of something breaking...
But I ignored it.
Erik was still gazing around the room I wonder why....
The next moment something terrible happened.
I heard that voice loudly and the huge chandelier that was above me fell....it was the voice of chandelier breaking....
"Watch out!" Erik said in a panicked.
I froze.
He quickly grabbed my waist and pulled me over to the side.
I was very scared this time, I have never been so scared. Even though he saved me,my heart was still racing.
His arms were around me. He was holding me protectively.
"Shhh it's okay. breathe,I am here. I will not let anyone harm you" Erik said as he saw how terrified I was.
Some people rushed towards me,some were running and some were screaming....
It was a terrifying scene.
"Tatiana!" Isabella called out my name in a panicked voice.
She rushed over to me.
"oh noo,I am so sorry. I didn't know this will happen." She said in a clueless panicked voice. She was very worried.
"Thank you so much Mr Erik for saving her,if something happened to her.....
I might have never been able to forgive myself." She said and thanked Mr Erik a several times.
I looked up at Mr Erik once I started to calm down a little.
He was still holding me in his arms,trying to calm me down.
"Thank you Mr-" I was about to thank him but he interrupted me and whispered
"Shhh, don't say anything. No need to thank me" he said while putting his index finger on my lip to shh me🤫.
Isabella ended the ball after what happened...
Isabella came to me.
"Are you okay?" She asked.
"I am so sorry,I ruined your ball didn't I?" I voiced apologetically.
"Are you out of your mind? You didn't it was not your fault!" She said fiercely.
I bid Isabella goodbye,she offered me to stay there for the night but I couldn't or else I would have been caught.
I was standing outside of the castle with midnight.
I was terrified of riding midnight back home and was thinking that instead of riding midnight,I will walk with midnight back home.
As I was about to go a voice stopped me.
"Miss Tatiana! Wait!" Erik stopped me.
" I cannot let you ride that horse back him,what if he gets out of control?" He insisted ,he seemed to be genuinely concerned.
"But-" he interrupted me again.
"No I won't." He voiced in a strict tone.
"I will drop you off " he added in a soft voice gazing down.
"But what about Midnight,I won't leave him alone..." I added.
"You won't have to,I will tie midnight along with the other horses in my carriage." He insisted.I could tell from his face that he won't listen to any more excuses...
"Alright fine. But I really don't want to bother-" and there he goes again...he interrupted me.
"If you really don't want to bother me get in the carriage." He voiced strictly.
I helplessly nodded and got into the carriage.
He told the coachman to tie midnight along with the other horses and that they have to go to Amaris kingdom's castle first.
He entered the carriage and sat in front of me.
The carriage started moving.
"Thank you Mr Erik again." I thanked politely.
"You don't need to thank me and you don't have to be so formal.
You can call me Erik Miss Tatiana." He said as he was pacing out of the window in the carriage.
"Alright Erik then you have to call me Tatiana." I said.
"Deal." He said.
I was looking at him,he was looking worried maybe because of what happened at the ball.
"May I ask you a question Tatiana?" He looked into my eyes and asked.
He seemed serious this time.
"Ask me anything." I replied.
"You might hate Esmeray kingdom,don't you?
As they are trying to overtake your kingdom and attacked on you,not only once,twice." He asked as he was looking into my eyes waiting for an answer.
"No I don't" I replied honestly.
He seemed to be surprised.
"I feel they might have some reason behind this" I added confidently.
"But you didn't do anything to them" his look was cold and his eyes were locked into mine.
"Yes,I didn't but if you think of it.
I am the most precious thing Amaris has as I am the heir to the kingdom.
What if something precious to them was taken away from them too and
that's why they are hurting me to avenge someone?
That's my theory behind this." I replied truthfully because that's how I really feel.
"You are very clever Tatiana. But be careful." He said but this time his look was different, it seemed that he was in pain.....but he wasn't hurt.
We arrived at the back door of the castle.
"Thank you Erik,goodbye." I voiced as I turned towards Erik.
"Goodbye Tatiana, I hope to see you soon." He did bid me goodbye but it felt like he didn't want me to go.......
and underneath my heart,I didn't want to go back either...........